Any reason to not get a Vigor(Rezound)?

Reaction score
The Rezound is the only LTE phone where I didn't have any issues with dropped signal. Plus it can be switched to normal 3G/evdo - it and the Tbolt are the only ones that can - when LTE goes down. The rest of the LTE phones will struggle to get even 3G in that scenario.

My bionic switches to 3g if I lose 4g signal automatically. And its quick and holds signal great. Maybe I didn't understand ur statement.. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..

Sent from my Droid Bionic...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My bionic switches to 3g if I lose 4g signal automatically. And its quick and holds signal great. Maybe I didn't understand ur statement.. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..

HTC uses a chipset in their LTE phones (at least in the Tbolt and Rezound) that allows two things that aren't real well known, and are kind of nice when needed, and are exclusive to said phones:

#1 - it allows for simultaneous voice and data over 3G only (i.e. not on LTE or 4G)

#2 - it allows you to get deep into the modem settings and change the settings from eHRPD (Verizon's technology that's laid over their 3G to help with the 3G/4G handoff) to normal evdo rev a. When LTE goes down, you'll see a lot of posts from people saying their coworkers Droid or iPhone (3G only phones running on evdo rev a) are just fine, but the poster's LTE phone can't even keep 3G. eHRPD is the reason for that. Disabling eHRPD allows the phone to run like a "3G only" phone. It takes a reboot to do it, but if it's one of those days where LTE is down a lot, it can come in handy.

All the LTE phones are supposed to default to 3G when the LTE signal is weak, or when it's nonexistent, like you were saying. However, sometimes they don't handle the handoff real efficiently, and sometimes drop 3G as well. This is why you'll see a lot of signal complaints on the LTE phones - 9 times out of 10 (unofficial stat ;)) it's not handling the balancing act between 3G/4G real well.

edit: to change that setting, you do ##778# (google ##778# Rezound and it should come up)

Last edited:
Reaction score
HTC uses a chipset in their LTE phones (at least in the Tbolt and Rezound) that allows two things that aren't real well known, and are kind of nice when needed, and are exclusive to said phones:

#1 - it allows for simultaneous voice and data over 3G only (i.e. not on LTE or 4G)

#2 - it allows you to get deep into the modem settings and change the settings from eHRPD (Verizon's technology that's laid over their 3G to help with the 3G/4G handoff) to normal evdo rev a. When LTE goes down, you'll see a lot of posts from people saying their coworkers Droid or iPhone (3G only phones running on evdo rev a) are just fine, but the poster's LTE phone can't even keep 3G. eHRPD is the reason for that. Disabling eHRPD allows the phone to run like a "3G only" phone. It takes a reboot to do it, but if it's one of those days where LTE is down a lot, it can come in handy.

All the LTE phones are supposed to default to 3G when the LTE signal is weak, or when it's nonexistent, like you were saying. However, sometimes they don't handle the handoff real efficiently, and sometimes drop 3G as well. This is why you'll see a lot of signal complaints on the LTE phones - 9 times out of 10 (unofficial stat ;)) it's not handling the balancing act between 3G/4G real well.

edit: to change that setting, you do ##778# (google ##778# Rezound and it should come up)

Ok. Well I see what ur saying now...but I'm just glad mine hands off very well. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. Lol. But I'll have to show that to my brother bcuz he has the rezound and I bet he didn't know that. Lol. Thanks for going into detail..