Yep, another which phone I should get?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Quick question: There is no hidden cost for an upgrade right? like no $35 activation or some random charge at the end of my billing cycle? I just bought a Rezound off of Amazon and the Rep there said there was. However, the Verizon Rep said there wasn't but my mom got an upgrade and she had a charge; although it may just have been a charge for an early upgrade. My upgrade is the one that comes after 20 months, so will I just be paying for the phone and no extra charges?
There was no charge with me. My upgrade just appeared. I did not get charged for activation.

I did buy mine on Amazon.

OP
S

Scouser

Reaction score
There was no charge with me. My upgrade just appeared. I did not get charged for activation.

I did buy mine on Amazon.
Sweet. He was probably trying to get me to buy off Amazon by implying it would have been out of my price range with Verizon. Literally cannot wait for the phone. It is in Roanoke, VA currently. I have been checking the status page hourly.

Insidious

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents: Razor and Razor Maxx. Absolutely the sexiest phones I've seen to date. Screen is pretty good, and I really like the UI. The Bionic is essentially the same thing juwt cheaper. The nexus, best screen out there, great software and form factor. Other than that there's not too much else that seperates it from the razor/bionic/rezound/spectrum. The rezound, which is what I have is often overshadowed. Yes its thick, but is probably along with the bionic the most durable phone. Camera, and screen is great and the software is pretty good as well. There are ICS leaks and roms out, plus the bootloader is unlock able. I think its the happy medium of the phones. Good antenna, pretty well designed and durable, and pretty good for hackers like you and me. The spectrum is probably the last thing you want. Plasticy, bad UI, bad camera, no Dev support. Honestly I'd reccomend either the Bionic or the Rezound. Both have ICS roms already.

Damn didn't realize he got a phone. I typed that out for nothing! :b

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

Last edited:
OP
S

Scouser

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents: Razor and Razor Maxx. Absolutely the sexiest phones I've seen to date. Screen is pretty good, and I really like the UI. The Bionic is essentially the same thing juwt cheaper. The nexus, best screen out there, great software and form factor. Other than that there's not too much else that seperates it from the razor/bionic/rezound/spectrum. The rezound, which is what I have is often overshadowed. Yes its thick, but is probably along with the bionic the most durable phone. Camera, and screen is great and the software is pretty good as well. There are ICS leaks and roms out, plus the bootloader is unlock able. I think its the happy medium of the phones. Good antenna, pretty well designed and durable, and pretty good for hackers like you and me. The spectrum is probably the last thing you want. Plasticy, bad UI, bad camera, no Dev support. Honestly I'd reccomend either the Bionic or the Rezound. Both have ICS roms already.

Damn didn't realize he got a phone. I typed that out for nothing! :b

Yeah, I ended up getting the Rezound. The decision actually did come down to the Bionic or Rezound in the end. The Bionic was gonna be $29 on Verizon and the Rezound $159 on Amazon. I decided on the Rezound because I'll probably sell my old phone (Droid for ~65 dollars). So, in essence, I will be getting my new 1.5 ghz dual core phone with 720p resolution and Beats audio for $94. And if anything, I can even sell the Beats headphones for 70 dollars and then it'd be a phone for $20. Probs not selling the headphones though, although having a $100 pair of headphones makes me feel like a schmuck.

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
What about screens and durability? The Razr has the Gorilla glass which is similar/identical to the D1, which mine is still perfect. Are the others a concern or do they have similar, just with not as know types of glass? I really dont want a case, and really really dont want scratches...
Sorry I jumped forums :)

The thinness offers little to no flex. That's why people are seeing screen cracks.