any one flash 4.2 yet?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has and what are their experiences? I just flash jbsourcery so not really in the 'mood' to redo things just yet. :/

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just got it on my Nexus 7 tonight, I really like it. Seems to run a bit smoother than it did on 4.1.2 and has quite a few useless options in it that were mostly found on ROMs. I may even go back to stock on my SGN depending on how much I like it on my Nexus 7.

I really love the keyboard. I used to use Swype, but on that it would pick up my fast typing as swypes and would swype the wrong word. I haven't ran into this problem with 4.2 keyboard.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Yup. Running Jelly Belly 10.0 now. Sine ClockWorkMod recovery was updated to not nest all the 0/0/0/0s on the SD card, no reason to wait anymore.

Naye

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
vzwdude said:
4.2 is missing December

Missing December?

I just flashed mmuzzy asop ROM. So far its running pretty smooth. Everything seems to be working.

jmcdonald

Reaction score
Yep. Flashed stock 4.2. It's pretty awesome with the lockscreen widgets and all. It also seems a bit smoother than 4.1. Overall I'm happy with it. Will keep me running my Gnex for quite a while without feeling phone envy from all the new devices coming out. Once the debs start incorporating it into ROMs it will be awesome.

Jdt283

Reaction score
Flashed jelly belly 10.0 last night. Its great so far! No complaints! There arent many features yet, so its basically stock android 4.2

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has and what are their experiences? I just flash jbsourcery so not really in the 'mood' to redo things just yet. :/

i'm on jb sourcery 3.2 right now too, not really impressed with it (laggy).

the only 4.2 roms outright now are the pure aosp ones with virtually no features. i'm just going to wait until one of aokp based roms comes out with 4.2 (aokp, xenon, cna, sourcery etc...)

rjcapp

Reaction score
Links to 4.2

I'd like to try it...,

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Reaction score
just flashed the new eclipse 4.2. nice function, but no rom features. the jb4.2 features are different, but not any better. actually i don't like the new lockscreen, it's kinda stupid.

pjkump

Reaction score
Yup. Running Jelly Belly 10.0 now. Sine ClockWorkMod recovery was updated to not nest all the 0/0/0/0s on the SD card, no reason to wait anymore.

Naye

A bit late to the party but I flashed Jelly Belly 10.2/4.2, (came from Jelly Belly 9.4/4.1.2) and it seems to run much nicer than 4.1.2. For some reason that version ran slow for me. This one is quick and I have had no problems yet for the past 3 days. The quick settings are nice along with the swype type keyboard and new camera features.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
A bit late to the party but I flashed Jelly Belly 10.2/4.2, (came from Jelly Belly 9.4/4.1.2) and it seems to run much nicer than 4.1.2. For some reason that version ran slow for me. This one is quick and I have had no problems yet for the past 3 days. The quick settings are nice along with the swype type keyboard and new camera features.
CM10 or AOKP?