updating radios

MonKENy

Reaction score
Is there a guide, or do I just run them like flashing roms? What ones should I update? I just installed jbsourcery

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend flashing the radios through fastboot, but there is a zip available that includes both the LTE and CDMA radios from Jellybean, which many have had improved handoffs and no more dropped service. If you flash with a zip, you can just flash it like a ROM through recovery (no need to wipe anything). Also, the LTE radio will write very quickly and the CDMA radio takes a minute or two so don't panic. If you flash through fastboot, you'll need to download both img files and save them at your fastboot location and through command prompt:

cd to/your/fastboot/directory

fastboot flash radio nameofLTEradiofile.img

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash radio-cdma nameofCDMAradiofile.img

fastboot reboot-bootloader

You should see that your radios should be FF02 and FG02 iirc.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
I havent even activated my phone yet. Ill take it tuesday and activate it. See how it runs and then do the radio or should I just do it and get it over with? How do I check my radios?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent even activated my phone yet. Ill take it tuesday and activate it. See how it runs and then do the radio or should I just do it and get it over with? How do I check my radios?

I'd go ahead and put the latest radios on there. No reason not to imo. And you can check your radios from settings-about phone and you'll see your baseband version. Yours should say i515.x FC04/FC05 if you had 4.0.4 when you got the phone.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
MonKENy said:

Take it where? If your heading into a Verizon store, I personally wouldn't put the radios on it yet. If I can ask, why are you taking it in? You can activate it yourself and if you need a sim, all you have to do is ask a Verizon store for one and they'll give it to you for free, least they did for me.

Sent from the One Piece.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
Because it needs to be activated on our 3rd line and then transfered over to my line so i dont lose my data package.

But thats going to knock the phone on that line off so they need to be there to re activate it.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
you ninjad me. Thanks! Where do I check the radio version on my phone?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
im on I515.10 v.eco4 and I515.eco5 should i update?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I don't remember that version of radios but the newest ones (the one in that thread) have been good for me. Have seen mixed reviews as to whether or not there is a clear improvement.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
ok that knocked my radios out what happened? It shows no radios now and cant connect to a network

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
im on I515.10 v.eco4 and I515.eco5 should i update?

Are those e's supposed to be F's by chance? If so, that is the newest official radios (4.0.4).

There are leaked JellyBean radios available, which are FF02 and FG02. It is up to you if you want to flash those or not.