Any new phones dropping soon? 12/14/12

Big Fate

Reaction score
After about a year and a half of enjoyment on my HTC Thunderbolt I think its time to finally trade it in for something new and hot. I'm willing to wait if needed, just not too far of a stretch. Whats the new hot phones out or that already dropped? I'm usually on top of it, but been extremely busy as of lately. Anyone care to share?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well the latest one is the D4. Being a Nexus owner I think it's a great phone. Had my hands on a Rezound for quite a good amount of time the other day and it was a very good phone, definitely would've been my choice if I didn't get the Nexus.

Find some time to head to the store and check'em out. In terms of upcoming phones, I believe a leaked HTC phone (Incredible 3) was in the news section just a day or two ago.

wil318466

Reaction score
I own the Galaxy Nexus and I have to say it's very close to perfect, althought the phone itself is a little big which doesn't bother me at all.

I absolutely love it in every way. I'm not even thinking of looking at another phone, this does everything that I want with flying colors. I'm somewhat curious as to what new phones can even offer to make me ugpgrade, as devices have gotten to the point where it's simply a matter of preference in terms of hardware.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If I was buying today, it would be a Rezound, Nexus or Spectrum. In the near future, this is probably as good as it gets. I'd only get the droid 4 if you absolutely have to have a hardware keyboard (and it does have an awesome one), and I would only get the razr if you really need something thin and light.

There are new phones on the horizon, but not the immediate horizon. Quad core (or maybe tri-core?) phones will probably be coming out in May.

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Yea i'm not to fawned about the hardware keyboard myself.. I prefer everything on one screen. I guess if I was to get a new phone right now it would either be The Nexus or Rezound. As what wil said, i'm hearing the nexus is basically perfect in every aspect. Hows the battery life on that Wil?

What about the Bionic? No one mentioned that, are the specs not meeting standards?

acousticshade

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the Gnex is a 'perfect' phone. Read the forums and see that there are numerous people having radio and sound issues with it. Also, while it has a decent camera, the Rezound has an arguably better camera in most instances, which is one reason I chose the Rezound. Both are good phones though and you should spend some time reading the forums/reviews and playing with both phones at the store before you choose. Just be sure you can live with the shortcomings of whatever phone you end up with.

Sent with my 300 baud modem... ;)

JeffDenver

Reaction score
As what wil said, i'm hearing the nexus is basically perfect in every aspect. Hows the battery life on that Wil?
Well, not really. It is one of the best, but not perfect. It has had some hardware issues.

None of the phones are perfect. Some are just really good in certain areas.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
After the MWC, we will get more indo about the new phones, like the HTC Droid Incredible 3, and more ICS phones.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, not really. It is one of the best, but not perfect. It has had some hardware issues.

None of the phones are perfect. Some are just really good in certain areas.
This.

No phone is perfect and ever will be perfect. We all have different preferences which is why we all choose different phones or the same phone for different reasons. Each phone has its issues and those can be dealbreakers for many. The Nexus is one of the best out there, but to say it's better than a Rezound, Razr, etc. is wrong. It may be better to you, but to someone else it could be the worst phone they've ever used (yeah may be going a bit too far), but that's just how subjective choosing a phone is. Just be glad Android has so much variety:)

JeffDenver

Reaction score
No phone is perfect and ever will be perfect.
Well, it could be. But the reality is that the manufacturers always have to make compromises. Even the iPhone had to. So they have to guess on what features their demographic cares about most. I think some phones are definitely worse overall than others. But all of the current tier 1 phones on Verizon are great phones IMO. They did a good job with this generation.

I could be very happy with a Nexus or Razr or even the Spectrum I think. I cant think of any phones on any carrier I would rather have than those.

doggy2965

Reaction score
If your a power user RAZR Maxx is a beast. I had the Nexus but radio caused me to to return for Maxx. Both great phones but mines a work phone and the Nexus was just not reliable. Maxx has been near flawless since last upgrade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, it could be. But the reality is that the manufacturers always have to make compromises. Even the iPhone had to. So they have to guess on what features their demographic cares about most. I think some phones are definitely worse overall than others. But all of the current tier 1 phones on Verizon are great phones IMO. They did a good job with this generation.

I could be very happy with a Nexus or Razr or even the Spectrum I think. I cant think of any phones on any carrier I would rather have than those.
The only reason I say the perfect phone won't be made is because we all don't want the same thing, especially here in the states where we all try to be individuals and we all know how heated arguments can get between our fellow Android users. For example, I don't need a phone with a qwerty keyboard, but my friend has owned every iteration of the OG Droid and won't look at any other device. He bought the Bionic and kept it for a week to prove a point that he loathes the on-screen keyboard, while I don't use qwerty and find the added bulk/weight unnecessary.

I agree that the tier 1 Android phones on Verizon are top notch, best generation yet. However, I went with the Nexus for multiple reasons as the rest of the phones didn't meet my "requirements" or expectations. I can sit here and debate as to why I didn't choose the others, but just know that the others weren't for me and the Nexus was the complete package in my book. I see you have the Rezound, which is a great phone (and yes I've had some quality hands on time with one) and I'm sure you can justify the reasons as to why you chose it over the Nexus, Razr, Bionic, etc. I don't think there will ever be that one phone that fulfills all the expectations/needs of everyone. Don't bring this conversation up to any iPhone users though:D

Last edited: