What New Phone To Get

Vashi

Reaction score
For Christmas of 2010, my Christmas gift would be a new phone of my choosing anytime in the next year.

I've been using a LG EnV Touch since a month before the first droids were released so I regretted it ever since I found out about the droids.

I waited till Jan 6 for a list of all the new phones this year.

I'm particularly interested in the Thunderbolt mainly because it's HTC even though 4g won't arrive to where I live until 2013. (I asked several different local VZW reps about this to make sure)

So even though the 4g aspect of the Thunderbolt would be completely useless to me, would the Thunderbolt still be the best phone I could choose from (Droid/Hardware-wise, I don't want an iPhone) compared to all other droid phones currently out and possible 2 months into the furture phones?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i would say the thunderbolt is a great choice. i also came from an envtouch and i can tell you that you would be happy with any of them. also if at a certain point you end up getting into modifying the phone the thunderbolt would e the best choice imo.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
iphone 5 this summer... this is what i'm patiently waiting on since i'm tired of spending hours, rooting, overclocking, customizing, building my own roms to still be second best.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
iphone 5 this summer... this is what i'm patiently waiting on since i'm tired of spending hours, rooting, overclocking, customizing, building my own roms to still be second best.

In some ways I'll agree with you, android is second best. But I don't fault our community for that so much as the fact that Apple releases one phone, in which they control every little spec of it, allowing for optimization that android users can only, sadly, dream of...unless they have the d1 or something similar that is heavily supported by communities such as this. I think in the long run, android has a hell of a lot more potential than even a jailbroken Ip4 has, but with it being spread out over multiple companies which creates...problems such as Moto locking everything down. I'm not, however, standing behind the idea of a single android line, because I love the variations between companies (even if it can be frustrating).

What I will however say, is that my phone is my phone. My dad actually has an Eris as well, and every time I come home he is amazed with what I've done to mine. And I wouldn't trade that customization for anything Apple throws out.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to get an android phone that can work well and your perception may change

rjcapp

Reaction score
I had a t bolt and now bionic. Imo both awesome. Either way u cant go wrong. I prefer the t bolt display. Other than that I would give the bionic the edge in every category. If you plan on using an extended battery a huge edge of the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score

"second best"? I appreciate that this is your opininon, but it's not mine.

Next year Apple is likely to have hardware that bests what Android has now. I'd certainly hope so! But in my opinion, it'll probably not be best-in-breed come that time. But this is pure speculation.

Also, for me, the Apple ecosystem is suffocating, so no Apple product "works" for me, therefore, not best. And this is coming from a recovered Apple bigot of nearly 20 years (started 1984!).

To the OP, it's the standard answer:
- Go get your hands on whatever works for you, iOS, Android, BB...
- Don't get hung-up on what's around the corner, as there's always something next.