Any chance of getting win 8 on my bionic?

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
Just for giggles really. I would love to use safestrap and have my JB rom on one partition and win8 on the other. I really don't understand how most of this works so I have no idea if this is even possible.

DroidToro

Reaction score
In theory, ...yeah, it can probably be done. I mean, it's not against the laws of physics or anything but you'd probably have a better chance of winning the powerball lottery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dfcfu342

Reaction score
There is a Windows 8 launcher in the play store but you won't be able to put the actual OS on the phone.

control187

Reaction score
Using it now

I am actually trying out that launcher on my 4.1.2 Razr Maxx right now. It's not bad, though my widgets aren't updating once set, very strange. I reported it to the developer, so we will see what happens. It is more of an organization launcher, doesn't have the full flexibility of the live tiles, but still an interesting way of organizing a home screen. I use home manager to switch between that and Nova when I feel like changing back.

Later.

Mike253

Reaction score
Was actually thinking about it seeing as how the HD2 has it.

Then again, they got the market place by mimicking the HD7 software wise.

Then main issue is that windows phone 8 takes quite a bit of space..

And I also wouldn't know how to "inject" the drivers so to speak into the operating system for our phones.

I'm sure it could be done somehow someway but it'd be rough getting it available for safe strap considering also it is a Microsoft os and our phones are Linux powered.. Only way they got it onto the hd2 was because a) it was on windows mobile to begin with b) because HTC released the drivers for the phone.

The main deal would be to somehow get the drivers for the OMAP4 processor and see if it can't be injected or if there is a windows phone out there that has the processor, that'd be key on getting it together.

I'm on a Droid 4 but the bionic and the Droid 4 are similar in hardware wise.