OG user preparing to flash eclipse 2.2 on new (to me) Bionic

haywood801

Reaction score
Hello. I just got my new phone, rooted it with the 902 exploit and all seems to be in place for backing up and trying a couple new ROMs.

can someone verify that i have done my homework correctly?

first I need to load Safestrap and backup my current ROM,
Then I can boot into recovery and load Eclipse... but most are saying to format system and clear all caches after a data wipe.

where does the option occur to clear caches and format system folder? is this in safestrap? on my OG, I used Rom Manager and dont remember ever formatting anything.

maybe a quick step by step for newbies if one of you has the time, it would be appreciated. I am browsing this site as much as possible at my work but cant really "drill down" on stuff like I prefer while Im on their time.

I wish had more opportunity to really play with these things but I just need a nice, reliable phone without all the BS... I came from Ultimate Droid on my D1 and loved the simplicity and black backgrounds and well though out menu/destop/launcher

thanks in advance

OP
H

haywood801

Reaction score
schweeeet... thanks

are the Bionic processes the same as D3? looks like you are THE MAN here.
what is busybox? is it like SU?

OP
H

haywood801

Reaction score
also, I purchased ROM manager premium for my D1. is this of any use for me now?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can download roms with it. But it won't do anything otherwise.

And busybox is needed for safestrap to work properly. You need to update the SU binary possibly which can be done in the superuser app.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS