Anti Glare Screen Protector?

mivok

Reaction score
On my iPhone I had a really nice screen protector: Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.) and am looking for something similar for the Droid.

I don't actually care about screen protection (and have seen the video somebody trying to scratch the droid screen), but this particular protector had one really nice property. It allowed my fingers to glide across the screen easily. When swiping across unadorned droid screen (and iphone screen) with my finger, it will often 'stick' and be difficult to do things like scrolling the screen. With the screen protector, I never had this issue. It also had the nice side effect of resisting fingerprints. The screen protector was also Anti-Glare, wasn't reflective at all, and did slightly distort the view of the screen (which I only noticed when comparing my old phone with the new and am not concerned about).

Is anyone aware of something similar that is available for the Droid?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I notice glare went down big time once I had my Invisible Shield put on.

$20 for just the screen or $25 for full body. Lifetime warranty

OP
M

mivok

Reaction score
My concern is more for the ease of letting your finger glide across the screen - does the invisible shield seem to be smoother/easier to scroll with than the stock droid screen?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My concern is more for the ease of letting your finger glide across the screen - does the invisible shield seem to be smoother/easier to scroll with than the stock droid screen?
it definitely feels say, "stickier" if your finger is moist. but it doesn't compromise the sensitivity of the screen or the reactiveness of it. I did have one of the plastic screen protector from verizon over it before i put Invisible Shield on, feels alot smoother than I thought it would, but it really does feel about the same. If you install correctly, or get it installed professionally, doesn't feel very rubbery at all, but it does feel more resistant.

edit: this thing reduces glare and fingerprints/smudges. The other screen protector I had on it easily picked up fingerprints and smudges, I like this Invisible Shield much better.

Last edited:
OP
M

mivok

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for something like this, I eventually went with the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector from sgpstore.com. This has the exact same feel as I was looking for (Now I have the protector, I noticed the feel is similar to the back of the droid next to the camera where 'with Google' is printed). It does blur the screen a little, but that wasn't a concern for me.