Answers from a developer please..

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I might be completely off basis here but I am wondering something. I have seen a lot about SBF files and such and was wracking my brain about an easier way to get back to stock from a custom ROM and such. I know through some of my tutorials people DONT do stock back ups and blow my youtube account up on how to get back even after I told them to do a backup.

My question....

If I did a stock backup of an X and copied the files to a computer what would be the issue with someone installing it from Bootstrapper?? I know you don't want to give away all your contacts and such but if it were generic and just root and such why wouldn't it work?

Maybe I know just enough to get me in trouble but I haven't formulated a reason why it WOUDLN'T work.

Thanks guys!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
If you made a backup before logging into Google or importing any personal information then you could very easily send them that file and have them restore if through bootstrap.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If you made a backup before logging into Google or importing any personal information then you could very easily send them that file and have them restore if through bootstrap.

Thats what I was thinking but it seemed to easy... It seems a hell of a lot easier than an SBF..

Just don't know if the update will screw things if people aren't on .340 or if it will update it automatically...

If I could get another phone I am going to try it.