Problems with restoring nandroid backup

mikey4226

Reaction score
Since 2/6/11, I haven't been able to successfully make a backup through Bootstrapper. I either get checkmd5 sums error or it gets hung up during the process.

I SBF'd earlier this week and started over from scratch: reroot, reinstalled bootstrapper, and set up all my apps/widgets. I was running pretty smoothly, so I made another backup this morning, and I just tried to restore this morning's backup, but got hung up. Here's what's on the screen:

Checking MD5 sums...
Restoring system...
libicudata.so

I've been here for about 20 mins now, and I don't think it's going to progress any further. Should I battery pull and SBF again, since that seems to be my only option from this point? I'm not sure why it's not working and SBFing every few days is getting a little annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gmenfan83

Reaction score
Since 2/6/11, I haven't been able to successfully make a backup through Bootstrapper. I either get checkmd5 sums error or it gets hung up during the process.

I SBF'd earlier this week and started over from scratch: reroot, reinstalled bootstrapper, and set up all my apps/widgets. I was running pretty smoothly, so I made another backup this morning, and I just tried to restore this morning's backup, but got hung up. Here's what's on the screen:

Checking MD5 sums...
Restoring system...
libicudata.so

I've been here for about 20 mins now, and I don't think it's going to progress any further. Should I battery pull and SBF again, since that seems to be my only option from this point? I'm not sure why it's not working and SBFing every few days is getting a little annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
are you renaming your backups??if so and you include a space in your rename it will cause the md5 cheksum to not match ,,,,example ,,,your rename should go something like this ,,,,,APEX_1.4.1.....notice no spaces,,,,if thats not the issue im not sure what is

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
No, I'm make sure that there are no spaces in the file name. For now, I'm able to start the restore process, but the nandroids are corrupted or something because it always gets hung up now. I just SBF'd again, so I'm going to try rooting, installing Bootstrapper, and making a backup of the SBF before I do anything else. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
So I just SBF'd again, rerooted, reinstalled droid x bootstrapper, made a backup, and tried to restore with that backup and I got an md5 mismatch, even tho I didn't change the name at all. I have no idea why it's not working...anyone???

Boblank

Reaction score
Could you have an old version of the bootstrap app? Are you on .340?

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
I am on .340, but I'm not sure which version of Bootstrapper I have. I downloaded the apk from Koush's website a while ago. I think it may have updated recently, but I dont' remember. Should I try uninstalling and removing clockwork via terminal emulator and then buying the app from the market instead?

gmenfan83

Reaction score
I am on .340, but I'm not sure which version of Bootstrapper I have. I downloaded the apk from Koush's website a while ago. I think it may have updated recently, but I dont' remember. Should I try uninstalling and removing clockwork via terminal emulator and then buying the app from the market instead?
i would ,,,its definately worth the $4 ,,,,since its a revolutionary app,,,,also keep us informed as to what happens i am curious about this

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
So i just uninstalled bootstrapper, removed it with terminal emulator, and purchased the app through the market. I then tried to make a backup of my current state, and I got an error..here's what's on screen:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6
SD Card space free: 1371MB
Backing up system..
Backing up data...
Backing up .android_secure...
Backing up cache...
No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.
Generating md5 sum...
Error while generating md5 sum!

Before I used to be able to successfully make backups, just couldn't restore them. Now generating the backup isn't even working. It seems like I'm getting worse and worse here =\

Edit: Immediately after getting the error, I tried doing another backup, and it said I only had 700ish MB of space on my sdcard, so I think I might not have had enough space. I went and deleted the majority of my old nandroids from the sdcard (they're backed up on my PC), and tried another backup, and it worked!

Then I deleted an app icon from one of my homescreens and tested the backup I made to see if it worked, and it successfully completed the restore process!! dancedroid I guess moral of the story is delete old nandroids you don't need (after you back them up onto a PC or external HD of course) and make sure you have enough space on your sdcard.

Last edited: