DROIDX 2.1Recovery 2.2 No Recovery

truckrod

Reaction score
Ok to start off I rooted then got the bootstrapper free and the paid app .All was great !first thing I did was a backup of the 2.1 and then I flashed the update worked perfect. After that the phone was running smooth and I decided to do a backup of the current 2.2 . I Picked the bootstrapper recovery app . Then the screen went black came back on and locked up with the moto logo. I pulled the battery n it did load back. But can't get recovery anymore. Only if I flash sbf n go back to stock . I am just reporting what I have noticed

teenfaces

Reaction score
you need to uninstall the first bootstrapper and go to koush's website and download the new bootstrapper. then your recovery will work on 2.2

OP
truckrod

truckrod

Reaction score
Okay i got it going i had to uninstall rom manager. and then reboot the phone. and then go to the bootstrapper app. And only then did it work
I had read on koush website that it was not working with rom manager as of yet

drewlamo1

Reaction score
rom manager works with it, like the previous poster said you gotta download the newest version of bootstrapper.

soon as you update froyo reinstall bootstrapper and run it then when you open rom manager you can backup current rom or restore and rommanager will run it

least on mine it works. Rom manager backed me up perfect, and then i got stuck on M logo messing with services.jar and recovery restored me np

OP
truckrod

truckrod

Reaction score
Got it now and with rommgr thanks for the help. Ididnt know there was a new bootstpr. Thought I had the newest.! Kewl cool