Help with installing 2.2 from 2.1 (ROOTED)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are using vista or 7 it should ask you if you are sure when you run the program. And of course hit yes.

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Yeah if you are using Vista right click the rsd shortcut under programs and hit run as administrator or if that option isn't there, go into properties and compatibility and hit run as administrator.

Ok, I went under compatibility and clicked the run as admin. It makes no difference...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man, I think I have reached the end of my helpfullness on this issue. If you have the sbf file loaded it should activate the start button. Even on my with my phone off and I have the sbf loaded it will activate the start button.

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Man, I think I have reached the end of my helpfullness on this issue. If you have the sbf file loaded it should activate the start button. Even on my with my phone off and I have the sbf loaded it will activate the start button.

I really do appreciate your help though. I wished I knew what the issue was. I know that I went by the directions.

I downloaded the RSD Lite updated program, the SBF file, and unzipped it in the folder I had set aside for the zip file. I did miss the "run as admin", but I went under properties of the RSD shortcut and changed it under compatibility. I turn off my phone, load into bootloader, run RSD, the phone shows up under models, then I choose the .sbf file... Start is still grayed out.

Is it possible I received a bad .sbf file?????

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You got the one from the rootzwiki site right? From the gift.zip

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
I did, the direct download - from rootzwiki.com. I also got the RSD Lite program from that site as well.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well that one should be fine then that is the one I used twice with no issues. Where did you put that folder you unzipped the sbf into.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I really do appreciate your help though. I wished I knew what the issue was. I know that I went by the directions.

I downloaded the RSD Lite updated program, the SBF file, and unzipped it in the folder I had set aside for the zip file. I did miss the "run as admin", but I went under properties of the RSD shortcut and changed it under compatibility. I turn off my phone, load into bootloader, run RSD, the phone shows up under models, then I choose the .sbf file... Start is still grayed out.

Is it possible I received a bad .sbf file?????

Try putting it on the desktop- its worked before

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
That actually worked. I moved it to the desktop and was able to start.

When I started, it instantly failed (Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. [0x7100]; phone connected.

Attempted in bootloader - transfer mode: USB - Ok to Program.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man you are not having very much luck with this, did you move that ini file back into the root of RSD folder? And you are running as admin with phone on pc mode, using the cable that came with the phone or different.

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Man you are not having very much luck with this, did you move that ini file back into the root of RSD folder? And you are running as admin with phone on pc mode, using the cable that came with the phone or different.

I know... It seems like I just keep hitting brick walls. I did move the .ini file earlier so it's in the root RSD folder. I used the driver that came with the SBF zip file as well.

I double checked, I'm running the RSD as the admin and I have my phone on PC mode/USB debug.

I turn my phone off, load into bootloader (bottom volume/camera, power) then I click my phone on the model, the SBF file then start...keeps coming up failed.

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Oh, btw...I am using the original USB cord that came with the phone. When the phone is on, in PC mode, I do have access to my phone.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you connected directly to a USB port or a hub? Mine fails every time through my hub.

OP
R

runrhino06

Reaction score
Are you connected directly to a USB port or a hub? Mine fails every time through my hub.

I had mine plugged into the USB port in front and I switched, doubtful, but just in case. It made no difference.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man only thing you can try that probably won't change anything is uninstall everything. RSD and the drivers, then reinstall RSD move the ini file over, then drivers, then plug phone in and make sure RSD picks it up. Then move the SBF file again but unzipping directly to the desktop, not unzipping in folder then copying it over.