Another Verizon hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonKENy

Reaction score
So Some back story

My dad has been a verizon wireless customer for at LEAST 10 years maybe longer. Ive been with them for 6. We have always paid on time, never missed. Always upgraded through them etc.

So fast forward to the past 4 months.

My dad got his Razr when it first came out and in the fisrt month he started having problems. It wouldn't connect and his apps wouldn't all show up. Hes 100% stock.

I see its having sim issues so we take it in. I tell the girl whats going on and the first thing out of her mouth is it must be something we did wrong with it. I then proceed to show her how its nothing we are doing and after basically me taking 10 minutes to show her things she finally agrees that its weird and prob a wonky phone. They replace the phone with a recert (mail in only of course) and we are slightly miffed but on our way.

A few weeks later here it goes again. It looses connections sim errors. locks up etc. Take it in and they replace it again w/recert one of course. I ask them if they can do a new one since its happened before they say no. They Swear there are no know issues w/razrs that its a fluke (we got the same errors both times Im not buying it)

A few weeks later AGAIN same issues finally we are about done. I ask them if they can do anything else beside replace with a recert. At first they say no thats all they can do etc etc. Im getting obviously upset at this point and finally they say well maybe wait a minute ill see what can be done. She disappears for a few minutes and when returns states that because its happened so many times that this time they will swap out but its going to take longer to get a new phone. My dad says thats fine we will take the replacement and if it happens again will swap.

No issues since then but I was pissed it took so much hassle to get them to offer a reasonable solution.

Ive been unhappy w/the customer service for a long time but this is where im fed up.

So I get my nexus online and the prices are VERY misleading. It says 99.99 w/$50 online discount so 49.98 Im like ok Sold! then I see a $30 upgrade fee. im im not so sold but I cant find anyway around it so after a few days I bite the bullet. Then comes all the taxes and sur charges. my "$49.99" phone ends up costing $130 bucks. Im not a rich man that was hard. The only reason I did it was because they can add it to the bill.

So I get my nexus and start to play w/it and this was my fault but I neglected to do my research..not on the nexus but in Verizon's version of the nexus

I had looked at the nexus a lot before buying. Loved the support that Google seemed to be providing. The reviews were all top notch. I figured great phone great price. Then after buying it I start seeing all the posts about Verizon botching the updates, and radios and service. Again im pissed but what the hell great dev team so no worries right? Yes and no

Get it, charge it, flash it, really like it...but not love

Call quality still sucks and I hate that I have to mod a phone to make it workable. I want to flash it to make it better not to make it work.

One flash went bad and I bricked my phone. It wouldnt do ****. I made a post about it already but yeah. Granted that is my fault but heres what happens next.

I have already decided long before this that at the end of my contract i am o.u.t out. Done, finished w/Verizon. I have already stated this to reps on the phone and have had them make a note to the account.

I call service to tell them my issue and that I want out of the nexus and into a SGS3 as well as to put my DX back on temp so I have a phone. I know why I tell them why (lousy support, crappy call quality and now a dead phone) She says she cant do that theres nothing to be done beside send me a replacement. I tell her no I want to switch. Ive been a customer longer than she can look into the system (it only goes back 8 years) That im already thinking of closing the account and am willing to buy out and be done. That the customer service system is lousy and its not her just verizon in general (I always make a point to let the rep on the line know I dont blame or am mad at them I know they can only do so much) She still says she cant do anything but she is willing to transfer me to the "loyalty center" I mention that no matter what im out a phone for 5 days (this was a fri night) But before we do she mentions i can take it in and swap out faster at a store. I agree to do this and ask to be transferred to the "loyalty center" and we part ways or so I think, when she transfers me I get "disconnected". All this took over an hour

Sat evening: Get out of work @ 5 ish head to a verizon store get there around 5:30 have a date at 7. Check in and wait. Get a rep and explain whats up and he checks the phone. It wont do anything for him its dead. I tell him I think im within the 2 weeks and just want to swap out. Nope 3 days past he wont be able to do anything for me. Can send a replacement thats all. I explain how very frustrated I am w/everything and after being a customer for 8+ years they wont budge at 3 days thats crap. Finally he agrees to see what they can do. Goes in the back and after a few minutes comes and tells me that this 1 time they will do that for me. Im like ok thanks. I want the SGS3 but I dont want to lose the unlimited data which I was able to keep when i upgraded the nexus. He then informs me thats not possible. oh and that it will cost me $35 for a "restocking" fee

Now im getting beyond irritated at this point. I tell him to swap my phone for a brand new one because I dont want to wait for one in the mail if they cant change me for a SGS3. So they try to get me a new phone but it keeps wanting to remove my unlimited data package. They pull the manager over and she cant figure out why. They to their credit are looking at several different solutions. They tell me because I bought it offline they are tied at the store end. If I had bought it in store they would have more options. At one point she asks why I want to swap the nexus. I tell her about the updates and she proceeds to tell me that its not Verizon its Samsung that pushes the updates now. I shut down at this point. The guy then asks me if I ever got into this screen before (its the boot loader screen) He doesnt know how he got it to go but he finally gets the phone to boot up. (im wondering if he put my battery on a charger) I figure f-it ill just take the phone back since its working now. Tell them to give me my phone Ill call tomorrow to see what they can do over the phone since its now past 7pm and im late for my appointment. Im not sure if its going to keep working but at least I can re activate it and call the cust line and have a replacement sent out.

So on to Day 3...

So its now Sunday. I call to re active the nexus and guess what...They cant reactivate it w/out knocking off my data plan.

I call the lady to reactivate and shes going through the motions and then says when she adds it its going to remove my package. I explain to her that It was already on their and I had unlimited data and it didnt remove it. The lady then proceeds to tell me that wasnt possible.

My jaw hits the floor for a second and I dont even know how to respond. This is the following convo

ME: When did they remove unlimited data?
Her: June
ME: When did I add the nexus?
Her: Sep 15th
ME: Do I still have unlimited data
Her: Yes
Me: So obviously it was possible then?
Her: No its not possible.

I wanted to drive my fist through her stupid suck hole holy crap

I said are you not grasping the obvious here lady? Im not trying to insult you but logic dictates if I bought the phone, activated it, and didnt loose data then IT WORKED.

She responds no its not possible again. Finally I get her to repeat that yes I activated the phone, and yes I was still able to retain my data package.

She assures me if she re activates the phone it will cut my package but she will try (actually the conversation went way deeper than that but im tired of typing) She tells me the options for unlimited data are 100% removed from the system. They dont exist anymore so she doesnt know how I could still have it. We go around the fact theres no potions for me and verizon has me by the balls. That there should never not be an option for a customer of 8+ years etc etc.

She reactivates my phone and HOLY **** it doesnt cut my data package. Go figure you empty headed ****. Christ She assures me that it was a fluke and it shouldnt have happened. yadda yadda. She also tells me that the "loyalty center" the first retard said she would transfer me to was fake (no kidding I couldnt tell by the way I never made it there) She says they are sorry they will be losing a long time customer to which I respond well thats what happens when a company treats a client like ****. Ill go somewhere and pay 1/2 the prices. The coverage may not be as good but for the price Ill deal w/it.

Im so over verizon. its a lousy company and im out when my contract is over.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I read is how someone voided their warranty on a GNex, managed to brick it, and is now mad at Verizon even though they've already done MORE than they should have. OP should have ate the cost of a new phone, or paid an insurance deductible. It's no secret that unlocking the bootloader on a Nexus voids your warranty, it tells you that right on the screen. OP, don't be surprised if they charge you full retail for the replacement when they figure out you unlocked it and flashed it. And try not to come across as such a jerk. Nobody really cares that your Dad has been a Verizon customer for 10 years, and you for 6. Compared to some of us, that's NOTHING.

Reaction score
i didn't read most of the gettysburg address you typed, but got news for ya, all wireless carriers suck in various ways.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i didn't read most of the gettysburg address you typed, but got news for ya, all wireless carriers suck in various ways.
I read it, it was actually a bit entertaining. The sense of entitlement that some people have is frankly astounding.

Reaction score
All I read is how someone voided their warranty on a GNex, managed to brick it, and is now mad at Verizon even though they've already done MORE than they should have. OP should have ate the cost of a new phone, or paid an insurance deductible. It's no secret that unlocking the bootloader on a Nexus voids your warranty, it tells you that right on the screen. OP, don't be surprised if they charge you full retail for the replacement when they figure out you unlocked it and flashed it. And try not to come across as such a jerk. Nobody really cares that your Dad has been a Verizon customer for 10 years, and you for 6. Compared to some of us, that's NOTHING.

oh, he bricked it and is now complaining about vzw's service. prob shoulda microwaved some pop secret and read it. hilarious :biggrin:

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Lololololololol. Seriously? This has to be a Joke....First off, YOU, bricked you phone. Verizon has no obligations that they replace it for you, intact if you really read before you rooted you would see it clearly states on the phone itself it *ahem* Voids Your Warranty. Second off, why on earth should Verizon upgrade you for free? Just because your a 10 year customer? Lololol they're are People on here who have been customers much longer and love Verizon's service. They don't expect special treatment because they have been there for years upon years. Finally. If you threaten to "Leave Verizon" just do it , don't talk about it.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Everyone gets all gung ho about replacements and such, and that's why the reps aren't inclined to help. No one likes someone who acts high and mighty. I've never had an issue with their customer service. I walk in and politely explain my situation to them and generally they help me right out, no problem. Recently the charging port on my Gnex crapped out, I got a replacement no issues. After unrooting and relocking of course.

Point is, going in there huffing and puffing is what's the issue, not their customer service. I can agree with the removal of unlimited data being frustrating, but the rest almost seemed childish to me. Hopefully you were able to get everything resolved, regardless.

How did you manage to brick this phone, by the way? It's essentially unbrickable. Ha ha ha.

Caesars

Reaction score
Well as a paying customer, i do feel kind of entitled lol....however if i was a rep and read the notes/handled this situation.....I'm not so sure i would even try to help...

You can't be rude and expect a favor in return.

Return of the Android

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got a feeling this thread is going to be shut down...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
All I read is how someone voided their warranty on a GNex, managed to brick it, and is now mad at Verizon even though they've already done MORE than they should have.

Yep, that's what I got.

Oh, and you forgot the part where WE (Verizon customers) all paid for the OP's new phone for him.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can I intervene for a minute.

First op let me suggest NEVER go to a store for help sadly many of them can't tell you more than "battery pull, factory reset. Sadly they have way too many phones to keep up with. Your father's issues sounded like a sim card issue. They should have swapped out sim cards and that should have fixed him up. I had the same issue and changing sim cards helped.

2) The galaxy nexus sadly has had its share of radio issues. There have been a lot of complaints. Some have been lucky to get a good one but many have ended up with duds. It took me getting #5 for me to finally end up with a good one and I still have radio issues. The nexus is an awesome phone for roms but not as a phone. If I could do it again I would have got a razr maxx and a nexus 7. Any whoo if you need any help with your nexus or any phones we are here . You will find we do a better job of providing help than vzw reps sadly, but then again we are heavy users of the device.

Now to the people commenting in this thread. You can not brick a nexus trust me I tried over and over again..it is impossible. I read through the entire post and I can see a frustrated customer and let's not act like none of you have ran into a couple of bad reps. His radio issues for the nexus may not be the result of bricking the phone (since it is impossible to do). It could be the phone entirely. Still I do recommend any one taking a phone in for questions restore it to stock out of the box settings.

Op I highly recommend you check your area for lte coverage. Your issue could be the lack of poor lte. Unlike gb, ics is designed to separate lte from 3g so if you are in a fringe lte area you will know it on ics where as gb it may not show.

Any more issues op hit us up and we may be able to help you. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.