Bad experience at verizon.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Argue what you like, but the fact is, you didn't get any warranty work done because they think they solved the problem by removing the protector, and denied you a replacement. So much of this could have been avoided by removing it yourself, beforehand.

texasPI

Reaction score
Why would a screen protector void a warranty? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I didn't say it would, I said they could try and void your warranty.

Here is the thing. If you get hold of someone who knows how they are put on the phone, (aka liquid), they are going to cite that you damaged the phone putting it on. If its just a static cling or some light adhesive, its a little different.

See what I am getting at? They will blame what they can, if you give them the opportunity to.
i got this installed by best buy when i got it and it was fine they just removed it without asking. No way am i going to pretty much tint my droid screen that's crazy lol.

So what? Are you asking BestBuy for a replacement or VZW? They don't care. You're missing the overall point, which is that if the tech or salesperson KNOWS how those type of screen protectors are installed (wet based) it opens a door for them to cite that as having damaged your phone. Who cares if its true or not? Can you prove that installation did not damage your Droid? Can VZW prove it did? Follow me?

You should have taken it off beforehand. I'm (almost) certain there are notes on your account as a result of this visit...

ShowTime

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't even understand what the problem with your phone actually is? You said it's "off by 1/8" compared to a display model at the mall"?? Off how?
Did you just walk in and ask to speak to a tech, or did you tell/show them you already own a Droid and are having a tech-related problem? When you walk in, of course they're going to have sales people jump all over you, they work on commission. And while I guess it would have been nice if she'd made sure it was ok with you to take your protector off... even if you'd said no, they probably would have said they couldn't assess your problem fully with it on and would have either taken it off anyway or told you there was nothing they could do.

cuskit

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't even understand what the problem with your phone actually is? You said it's "off by 1/8" compared to a display model at the mall"?? Off how?
Did you just walk in and ask to speak to a tech, or did you tell/show them you already own a Droid and are having a tech-related problem? When you walk in, of course they're going to have sales people jump all over you, they work on commission. And while I guess it would have been nice if she'd made sure it was ok with you to take your protector off... even if you'd said no, they probably would have said they couldn't assess your problem fully with it on and would have either taken it off anyway or told you there was nothing they could do.
My store, you walk in and immediately "sign in" on a computer welcome screen. You then wait until a technician calls your name. I like this system so much better than before when I was mauled walking in the door with all the different sales force..

What does Zagg have to say about warranty and the use of their products? Any disclaimer that it voids your warranty? Yikes - I'd be talking to them real quick! mike :)

Reks

Reaction score

Was also curious about this

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
its a very big store, so there is a greeter that takes your name and problem, i told them im having a screen issue and need to speak with at tech the lady said, "fine" and i waited and look at some phones. Finally i got someone to call my name. so i told her what was wrong and she looked at me like i was crazy, then she said, "its because of your screen protector",(she was looking at the edge and pointed to it) i said nicely, "no i don't think that's it" so she said here i will show you, so she ripped off my zagg and asked my while she was in the middle of ripping it off. Then she got an actual tech to look at it he look at it and he must of been blind cause he said nothings wrong. I was just a bit mad. Now about the zagg thing, if i had knew it would void my warranty, i would have taken it off my self. but if the tech told me nothing was wrong so, they would have no reason to void my warranty because, he said it was fine. any way im just going to ignore it and hope it doesn't get worse. i left the store and went to Zagg.com and place a request for a replacement, so now im waiting, i still have the screen protectors that came with the phone so i will use those until it comes.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I worked a bit on my grammar. :D

Last edited:

snowman

Reaction score
Remember most stores are not company owned stores , I only go to a company owned store for the reasons you list op. The personally owned stores are mostly bad and are there to sell you something.
But as mentioned all you problems can most likely be solved here!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sorry about your experience, But I have yet to see a reason for any screen protector.

texasPI

Reaction score
Just call the 800 customer service number and tell them the problem. I would not settle for just "dealing with it" if it were me.

John Higgins

Reaction score
Try a Verison Franchize Store

Droidforums.net is inhabited by more tech savvy members than all the VZW store technicians put together! If they can't help you here - the store hasn't a prayer! mike :)

I went in the hopes of getting the phone replaced.

I had the same horrendous experience in a Verizon company store in Flint MI. Then I found a New Franchize Store in Frankenmuth Mi. The difference was like moving from deep deep HELL to Heaven..
This franchize store idea maybe new to verizon ?
:greendroid:

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Droidforums.net is inhabited by more tech savvy members than all the VZW store technicians put together! If they can't help you here - the store hasn't a prayer! mike :)

I had the same horrendous experience in a Verizon company store in Flint MI. Then I found a New Franchize Store in Frankenmuth Mi. The difference was like moving from deep deep HELL to Heaven..
i live in charlotte nc this store has been here for more than 20 years :D :D

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score

i live in charlotte nc this store has been here for more than 20 years
There was no such thing as Verizon Wireless twenty years ago...
It was formed April 4, 2000 in a joint venture between Bell Atlantic Mobile and Vodafone Air Touch.. ;)

Last edited: