Another replacemnt having issues

ExodusC

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of work. I don't think I've had THAT many problems to where I can justify all the hassle.

It depends though- does Verizon ship you a replacement phone first, and then you send back your current phone, or the other way around?

The dust under the screen and bezel problem are getting worse and worse, and I almost can't stand it anymore.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

djmike3436

Reaction score
Heres what you should do in order to get them to send you a Droid 3.

First of all, make sure your are on at least your 3rd or 4th Droid 2 Global.
Call Verizon Tech support and when they ask what you need just ask them to connect you with a Tier2 or higher representative because the lower level techs cannot process this request.
Next, explain to the rep every problem you have had with Verizon since day one. May it be another line, warranty issues, network issues, phone issues, etc. Just tell them all of it. The most important part is to make it completely clear to the representative that the Droid 2 Global phone your having issues with, is having the same reoccurring issues. That being said, most high level reps will feel bad for you. You will need to tell them you have tried everything from Factory Data Resets, Master Resets, Soft resets, Reprogramming, Updating Roaming Capabilities, etc. Some solutions they will give you are to have you shut off the phone so that they can do some internal updates with the device. This may or may not solve the issues, or even cause new issues. Either way, the next day you should call and connect with a high rep again, explain your story again, tell them that internal updates were just done and the issues was still not resolved. At this point they should be asking you if you would like to order a replacement phone. Stop them before they start that process. Explain to them that you would like to switch devices. At first they may tell you that you could switch to a Droid 1 or even a Droid 2. At that time you should tell them that they are not allowed to switch you to a device of lower quality than your current device. You should then suggest that they give you a Droid 3 because of all the problems with the phone. You may not be successfull. And you may have to talk to several high level representatives about it, but eventually it should happen and be successfull. Trust me, ive done it and am getting my Droid 3 sometime today via fedex. Hope this helps.

And after all that trouble: Does that cancel my existing contract,give me a new contract, or negate my unlimited data?
Because you are getting a new and different phone, does that make a difference?
If I keep having issues, I may have to try it.

pxndx89

Reaction score
This happened to me so many times...I had a droid one n that one I got so many issues...they even suggest for an iphone but I didn't accept for the new contract so I got the global now this is my 5th time I replace it....so I guess they suggest the droid 3 I'm gettin it this week

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

vintage2714

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th I just want a working phone all I got offered was a discount on anything but 4g and iphone handsets. All of my replacements are worse than the last. I'm fed up with this phone. Even had a rep at the store tell me to call into Cs and please my case,

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
And after all that trouble: Does that cancel my existing contract,give me a new contract, or negate my unlimited data?
Because you are getting a new and different phone, does that make a difference?
If I keep having issues, I may have to try it.
It shouldn't negate your contract, it's pretty much just an "upgrade" if they say it'll extend your contract. I ended up "upgrading" to a Droid 2 Global as a result of my Droid 1's screen being broken. After some haggling, I got a D2G as an early upgrade of sorts, extending contract by another 2 years. It's good and bad in a way. Now if you're simply just getting a replacement device, nothing changes in your contract.