on my 3rd G2G

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
on my 3rd D2G

Like the title says. Ive had to contact verizon for my 3rd Droid 2 Global. first time the GPS wasnt working and now i seem to be having software issues everywhere.

is anyone else having any problems? i switched to verizon for these phones and after having to replace my wife's X and my D2G (twice now) in less than a month im starting to regret it.

B

tony_g

Reaction score
Yeah, my D2G got the half-screen disease after 10 days of use, but the second one has been fine for 6 weeks now.

pobrien904

Reaction score
mine restarts randomly... hadn't done it about a month, but its back to restarting randomly.

hate to bring it back because I love the phone, and I don't really want a different D2G that could have the same problem.
So, I'm sticking it out for a bit.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of the time the reason these things happen are because you are adding applications in that are not working well with the Droid. Now sometimes you can get a bad Droid but in only a couple of occasions have I ever seen someone who had more the 2 Droids and NOT be a case of user error.

What you need to do if your Droid is resetting on it's own is to try and figure out what's causing the issue, because other wise you will needlessly be returning good Droids.

First, get rid of any task killers or antivirus. Next do a reset. If you still have an issue then do a hard factory data reset. I'm not quite sure how it's done on the Droid Pro but google will be your friend. After doing the reset run your phone for a couple of days. If the issue hasn't returned then you know it's an app. Start adding the apps back in, except for task killers and antivirus one or two at a time. If the issue returns then you can narrow it down to the last few apps you received.

Droids don't behave the way you all are saying and if yours is then find the solution. Returning Droids for no good reason just cost everyone including yourself in the long run.

pobrien904

Reaction score
Thanks HookBill,

I am completely happy with the phone and have no intention of returning it...

Thus said- I have one task killer, but it is not running (advanced task killer). I don't really have any games, or many apps for that matter, aside from facebook, twitter, some news feeds, droidforums... nothing strange. More importantly, nothing new in the last 2 weeks.

I will uninstall the task killer, and news things (as I suspect they run in the background) and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help, I'll report back. Not really wanting to do a factory reset yet- but will if I need too.

BTW- I'm running a droid 2 global, not sure why the pro came up. although I wanted that first, but the D2G is pretty awesome!

OP
BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
thanks hookbill.

im not running anything fancy on my phone. angry birds, FB, gmail notifier, handcent, Gameboid and Rom Gripper is it.

ill start off with nothing on the new one aside from handcent and see how that goes.

B

silver6054

Reaction score
Most of the time the reason these things happen are because you are adding applications in that are not working well with the Droid. Now sometimes you can get a bad Droid but in only a couple of occasions have I ever seen someone who had more the 2 Droids and NOT be a case of user error.

What you need to do if your Droid is resetting on it's own is to try and figure out what's causing the issue, because other wise you will needlessly be returning good Droids.

First, get rid of any task killers or antivirus. Next do a reset. If you still have an issue then do a hard factory data reset. I'm not quite sure how it's done on the Droid Pro but google will be your friend. After doing the reset run your phone for a couple of days. If the issue hasn't returned then you know it's an app. Start adding the apps back in, except for task killers and antivirus one or two at a time. If the issue returns then you can narrow it down to the last few apps you received.

Droids don't behave the way you all are saying and if yours is then find the solution. Returning Droids for no good reason just cost everyone including yourself in the long run.
After a factory reset, won't your apps get loaded back as soon as you enter your google userid?