Another case of vanishing contacts

vtlowrider

Reaction score
Okay before I get an endless supply of "Use the search tool" allow me to say I have researched and used the common tips in an attempt to fix the problem.

So I have a MotoDroid and have the vanishing contacts issue. This has been a major thorn in my side as I have lost many important contacts including my Veterans Disability representative and my orthopedic surgeon to name a few... I have applied the appropriate settings in my contacts that I have found on this forum... yet still they disappear?

Talking to the folks at Verizon is like talking to a pile of rocks. Honestly I'm half tempted to throw my phone out the window or convert back to AT&T. Any help would be valuable and appreciated.

Second... I have no running apps save for the browser and yet typing is slower than two old people doing the deed. Any ideas for the molasses inspired speed?

Many thanks from a very disgruntled veteran

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well first of all, thanks for your service:)

When in the contacts screen, press the menu soft key, then press on accounts. Is sync on or off?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Are the contacts being added to your phone through the sync, or are you adding them manually?

OP
V

vtlowrider

Reaction score
Added manually. For example, two days ago; I added a new contact named Christine (My landlord) So its a matter of fill in the blanks, First Name, Last Name, Work and Mobile numbers, business mailing address, email address. Scroll to the bottom and select Done. And it seems roughly a day later, POOF, gone. I've tried to do a search, or simply input the number manually to see if it finds it; nada, zip, and zilch.

OP
V

vtlowrider

Reaction score
And not to mention, the number even vanishes from the call log

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Can you go online, log into you goggle account, and see if the contacts are there for me?

And also, thanks for your service. I left that outta my first post, just thought I would add it in there :D

OP
V

vtlowrider

Reaction score
The contacts in my Gmail account match those still on my phone. Some of the Gmail accounts existed prior to my Droid phone, some were added after I received it, so I know the sync works both ways and that it does not delete all contacts. This thing is has provided me with more headaches than simplifying life....

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I've read threads about this elsewhere, and so far i have yet to find an answer thats 100% right and a fix that works all of the time. The best advice I can give you is to write down contacts your adding and explicitely enter them into your gmail account. This is a rare occurence. Since your running stock flashing a new rom is out of the question, but for the most part this seems to be an issue with stock 2.1 roms more so than custom roms, and updating or changing the rom generally seems to fix it. Good news though, your 2.2 update isnt far off.

OP
V

vtlowrider

Reaction score
I hope 2.2 fixes a few of the bugs; otherwise I'm seriously tempted to see how well this phone flies