Droid not synching email -- Blackberry issue?

Spot22

Reaction score
Folks,
First time poster here, greatly in need of help.
Pardon in advance for how long this is.
After a couple of months of people with Iphones telling me not to get a Droid, I made the plunge 11 days ago. Love the phone. Except for one thing, which I hope folks may have suggestions on.
I had held off till three people at work showed me their Droids who were indeed able to easily synch corporate Outlook Exchange contacts, calendar, and email.
I tried to synch my corporate Outlook Exchange, and can get contacts and calendar to synch, but when it starts to go to email, I get a message can't connect to server. Have removed account, removed battery, re-added account, about 10 times, with no luck. At other times I get other error messages when I try to refresh, etc. (Came through once after several days for 24 hours, was wonderful, then vanished, never to return again despite many tries.)
By the way, none of those three people at my company, nor I, bought the $45 package, and no one of the many Verizon people I have spoken to mentioned it.
I also have a work-supplied Blackberry on the outlook exchange account. The other three work colleagues do not. I thought that might be it, so tried putting my email account onto the one colleague's phone. No go.
Talked with Verizon support, then Motoroloa support, then for an hour with a very nice and knowledgable Motorola level II support. She had no ideas and was surprised. She sent the IT Department necessary server settings, which our IT checked, and they all looked all fine.
Our IT people called our Blackberry folks, and they did not know if there were any interference issues with the Blackberry server and a Droid.
The Motorola level II support rep though that if the company servers were set appropriately (which they are), it is likely either a problem with the phone, or a problem with the Blackberry.
Any ideas or experience? I couldn't find anything on the forum, though maybe I missed something.
I may need to return the phone and get an Htc. Or, I wonder if Verizon would let me return this Droid and try another?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I'm also posting this on the Droid forum, because I only have two days to decide on the phone return or not.
Sorry this so long. Thanks much,
Scott

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have corporate exchange to contend with, but I've read often enough here to know that almost everyone uses Touchdown. They all say it is terrific. I'm sure some of the Touchdown users will post soon. But check it out.

And welcome to the board.

OP
S

Spot22

Reaction score
Bugless,
Thanks for the note and welcome.
I did get Touchdown but that didn't do it either unfortunately.
Scott

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Bugless,
Thanks for the note and welcome.
I did get Touchdown but that didn't do it either unfortunately.
Scott

If Touchdown is not working then you might be setting up something wrong.