New Droid 2 user - having problems with corp. synch

ttbeavercreek

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm an average tech person, very well informed with p.c.'s/phones/etc... enabled my new Droid 2 a month ago and have a couple questions regarding the corp. synch feature. I've got everything setup where it successfully synch's with my corp. exchange server, but it seems like my calendar events do not get updated... couple quick questions:

how do you manually force the Droid calander to synch?
the mail delivery settings are set to push, but i find myself having to force a synch when in email...

Thanks for any feedback that you can provide!
I'm loving the D2 for everything else up to this point!
T.t.

IntuitreZults

Reaction score
Hello, to make sure your corporate account calendar is syncing to your device, follow these steps: find your calendar app and launch it >> press the menu key >> select more >>select calendars >> now make sure your corporate account is" synced,visible" if not enable those features on that screen. If you do not see account listed there go back to your settings screen and accounts >> select corporate account. You should see all the exchange settings make sure mail, contacts, and calendars are checked. Keep me posted on how this works for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

ttbeavercreek

Reaction score
Corp Sync issue with Calendar

Under my Calendar settings, I show my Corp. account (under Motorola Service Accounts) as being Synced and Visible (both icons appear to the right of the account). I also have all items checked under my Account (Calendar, Contacts, Email)...

Is there a way to Manually make the Calendar Sync...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, to make sure your corporate account calendar is syncing to your device, follow these steps: find your calendar app and launch it >> press the menu key >> select more >>select calendars >> now make sure your corporate account is" synced,visible" if not enable those features on that screen. If you do not see account listed there go back to your settings screen and accounts >> select corporate account. You should see all the exchange settings make sure mail, contacts, and calendars are checked. Keep me posted on how this works for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

If your directions are correct I'm going to have to do something with this post. People have problems all the time syncing corporate email. I'll be keeping an eye on this to see how it works.

IntuitreZults

Reaction score
I would like you to delete the Corporate Sync account. First you need to aquire the settings from your Hosted Exchange provider in order to configure it correctly again. You are required to enter your email address, password, domain\username, and server address field. Once you have those settings. On the device go to Settings >> Accounts >> choose the Corporate sync that you currently have created on your Droid and scroll to the bottom and select "remove account". Once this account is removed go back and add a new Corporate Sync account and apply your Exchange mailbox settings in the corresponding fields. Keep me posted.
Also what is your current OS version? you can find that by going to Settings> about phone. Did you do the OTA update for 2.2 when it was first released?

OP
T

ttbeavercreek

Reaction score
I'm running Adroid Version 2.2; System Version 2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.us; I'll remove the corp. account and re-install... I'll let you know what happens... Do you know if you can Manually force a Calendar Sync... Like you can for email... Thanks! Tt

IntuitreZults

Reaction score
To my knowledge and exprience testing out certain settings, there is no way to force a calendar sync. The only way that would even come close is the first set of instructions I gave you, or if you go into the corporate account settings and uncheck calendars. However once you do those the Droid acts like the calendar doesnt exist thus making it impossible to add any exchange calendar entries. There aren't many steps to troubleshoot with active sync device's. Most cases if you do encounter Exchange sync issues you would just delete and recreate the account on the device.

FYI- A battery pull is always a good recommendation to jump start all the device services. Also if indeed you have one of the many Android devices that are experiencing the Exchange issue please check this website out as a work around that seems to be solving the issue. The title is bias towards Droid X but I have dealt with many clients using other model phones running Android and swear by this: Motorola Providing Touchdown Licenses to DROID X Owners with Exchange Issues - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
T

ttbeavercreek

Reaction score
Thanks a Ton on the Advice! I've removed the Corp. Account, Added it back in again, and everything seems to have synced up nicely so far... I'll run some test to see if it is keep everything current. I really appreciate the website about TouchDown, that sounds like it could improve things even further... I didn't even mention the fact that my Droid doesn't seem to sounds alerts/notifications when calendar events take place, so maybe that will improve that defect as well... Thanks again for the help! I'll let you know how it all turns out! Take Care, Tt

phaelon56

Reaction score
Hello to all. New forum member here and just switched to Droid2 last week from an old Samsung with Windows Mobile. Thus far apart from terrible battery charge life I like this phone, but still can't get it to sync with our corporate Exchange server. I customarily never cross-post but I did already post this issue on a thread cellphoneforums.net and gotten no replies there - so here goes.

Verizon has dropped VZW sync service as of 12/31/2010 and I happened to get the new phone a few days before that. I've tried setting up an Exchange account in Corporate Sync in the Droid OS with no success. Also tried the Touchdown app unsuccessfully. I spent 20 or 30 minutes today with Tier II Verizon support and they were scratching their heads as well. The settings I'm using (server name etc.) are identical to the ones we've used successfully in the past.

My OS level is 2.4.29.A956

There's an error log of sorts that does appear but all it tells us is what the multiple attempts were made that failed. Have tried with and without domain name (Verizon's suggestion was to leave the field blank,) with and without SSL
enabled, with and without certificate variation, and every possible permutation of the prior variables. I have now gotten the Google calendar sync to work with my Outlook Exchange calendar, but still can't get a Corporate Sync email account set up successfully and really don't want to use POP3 and IMAP. Help!

Last edited:
OP
T

ttbeavercreek

Reaction score
During my situation, i was able to connect to my Corp. Exchange server, the Droid 2 was just very unreliable on synching email, calendar, etc... after removing the service/account twice, as they say, the third time seems to have been the charm. Ever since the Third attempt at setting up the account, everything seems to be synching fine now (email, contacts and calendar). No rhyme or reason, just added and removed the Account a couple times and then it worked properly...

phaelon56

Reaction score
It's not an issue of getting it set up and it's inconsistent - it just never ever connects in the first place. I'm beginning to think there's some issue with our Exchange server.