Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Im happy with the battery now, I think there is a break in period for these phones both in the battery itself and since it is sending/receiving a lot of data in the early stages syncing all your accounts and what not. I have been draining my battery completely and fully charging everyday since i got it March 23th, except for the first 2 days where I only drained to about 5% then plugged in. I think this helps, i also bump charged about 3 days ago and that seemed to help too but it bay have just been because of the complete cycle from completely dead to full multiple times. I will see if there is any improvement tomorrow.

Agreed on all these points. Ive been purposes draining mine completely and recharging it complete for the past few days. I tried the extended battery for a day and a half, but I found it unacceptably huge and bulky.

Think Im up to about 5-6 full recharging cycles on the stock battery so far.. With very light use, Im up to 16+ hours tonight and 43% left tonight. This is good considering the phone was easily dead within 8 hours when I first got it with this same amount of light use.

I do have "always on mobile data" unchecked and have the phone set to LTE Mode only.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Good to see your improved times! I'm assuming you're a fellow z06 owner too :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

How did you get the widget at the top? Do want.

pistol_pete

Reaction score

You should check out an app called widgetsoid.

You can make a widget with whatever you want in it and also add it to the notification panel while hiding it on the home screens so you get the same effect as having the galaxy s widget:icon_ banana:

Not to mention being able to theme it to whatever colors you want.:)

pistol_pete

Reaction score
2 mornings out of the last 3, I've caught my phone losing 20% battery in the first hour after unplugging. Checking usage, I discovered it was running for 100% of the time, even with the screen off. Looking under partial wake usage revealed that facebook was running the whole time, keeping the processor ramped up @1024.

Posting this both to let others know to check this, and to ask anyone who might know - what's causing facebook to keep the processor ramped up? I've got background data enabled, so it shouldn't be struggling to update or anything.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You should check out an app called widgetsoid.

You can make a widget with whatever you want in it and also add it to the notification panel while hiding it on the home screens so you get the same effect as having the galaxy s widget:icon_ banana:

Not to mention being able to theme it to whatever colors you want.:)
But you can't toggle 4G with widgetsoid on the TB right? On the description in the market it says "-4G (WiMAX for EVO)". So according to this you can't toggle 4G, or am I wrong?

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Last edited:

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So as of right now there is no easy 4G toggle correct? Right now I do not live in a 4G area, but will be soon. I just want to know if there is an easy way to turn it on and off.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to market and download 4G LTE Settings...closest thing to a toggle so far...it won't be long though till one comes out

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
So as of right now there is no easy 4G toggle correct? Right now I do not live in a 4G area, but will be soon. I just want to know if there is an easy way to turn it on and off.

There's app on the market called "Anycut" .. you can use it to create a shortcut that opens up the "phone information" screen that opens by dialing *#*#4636#*#* .. from there, scroll down and select the radio mode you want.. "CDMA PRL AUTO" is normal 3G/1X operation.

EDIT: Or just use the app the poster above suggested :)

pistol_pete

Reaction score
2 mornings out of the last 3, I've caught my phone losing 20% battery in the first hour after unplugging. Checking usage, I discovered it was running for 100% of the time, even with the screen off. Looking under partial wake usage revealed that facebook was running the whole time, keeping the processor ramped up @1024.

Posting this both to let others know to check this, and to ask anyone who might know - what's causing facebook to keep the processor ramped up? I've got background data enabled, so it shouldn't be struggling to update or anything.

For anyone stumbling through this thread in the future - corrected this battery drain by disabling notifications within the facebook app. Wasn't even aware that I had turned them on (unless they're set to on by default, not sure).

Sherry

Reaction score
LTE Lite is the most effective thing I have done to perserve my battery. Next is turning off the auto updates like the FAcebook and "follow" me apps. It has been on for 20+ hours and has about 20% battery left with normal - not hard useage.