Another Blurry picture Appears of The Droid Bionic

Vakharn

Reaction score
Gorilla Glass or not, drop that sucker face first on the road and watch it slide and you will wish, in slow motion, the entire time it slides that you had a screen protector on, lol true story

I've only dropped my phone once, and it was in it's case, and it was fine. I don't take the holster bit off it unless I'm actively using it, and the only time I dropped it I was taking it out of my pocket while holding two bags and trying to fumble with my keys.

GBH2

Reaction score
The Droid 1 is an excellent durable phone - solidly built and the awesome Gorilla glass screen. I can totally understand some people not needing a case or screen protector - especially someone that is more or less just going from home to the office and back and are reasonably careful with the phone.

However, I will always use a case and screen protector. I am always doing different things in different places and always on the go. I have destroyed 3 cases already and replaced the screen protector a couple of times. My Droid has tumbled down sets of stairs several times, fallen as I was getting out of my vehicle and landed on concrete or rocks, and at times ends up in my pocket sometimes rubbing against change. keys or even tools.. It is still pristine when the protection is removed and works flawlessly - except for the facts it is getting old.

I used to have an old HTC WinMo phone and it was in perfect condition after 2 years of use - of course it was nowhere near as durable as a Motorola phone, but within 2 weeks of "going naked" with it the case was cracked and I could only see part of screen through the scratches. :)

The few brief times I have "gone naked" with my Droid it has taken some abuse and surprisingly it does not have a scratch on it - but I would rather be safe than sorry, as I have been sorry at times in the past.

I can certainly understand someone not needing protection for a quality product like the Motorola's - I just personally choose the prophylactic approach.

warped1987

Reaction score
Exactly, I'm a skateboarder and a drinker, and the 2 things can get you into some trouble with your phone. Don't know how many times I've had my phone in a hoodie pocket or chest pockest, go to do a trick and forgetting my phone is there it flies out onto the road...ouch! Or after a night of drinking i get jumping around and my phone flies out. I just thank the lord for my case. Usually I'm the type to never drop my phone when i have a case on but the second i take it off i drop and scratch the corners of my phone

freezepop

Reaction score
Will the bootloader be locked on the bionic? Please say no! I hope it is running the new dual core TI OMAP processor!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I thought it was rumored to have the nvidia kal el quad core chip in it...unless this is still the bionic and not the supposed targa with the bionic name. :/

But regardless I am looking forward to this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will the bootloader be locked on the bionic? Please say no! I hope it is running the new dual core TI OMAP processor!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I thought it was rumored to have the nvidia kal el quad core chip in it...unless this is still the bionic and not the supposed targa with the bionic name. :/

But regardless I am looking forward to this.

We believe they combined the old Bionic with some of the new Targa specs to make this Bionic and that the Targa will be released next year with greater specs than it originally had.

mjones73

Reaction score
I don't use a case on my D1 because I regularly use the car dock for hands free calling and music streaming and the home dock at work to keep the phone charged and upright while I'm listening to music.

It's been dropped a few times, has a chip or two in the bezel paint but otherwise is holding up just fine.

I'm sure I'll be getting a car dock at a minimum with the Bionic, if the home dock looks worth it, I'll grab one of those too..

faganm24

Reaction score
Now pics of Bionic cases are being leaked. I wish they would tell us if this is for a 4.3" or 4.5" phone: Droid Bionic cases on the shelf at Meijer | Android Central

Brandon

I seem to recall these same pics back in march... same store, same type of pics. I would not doubt @ all this is an old pic resurfaced. Disregard! :)

If you read in the comments from that link they point out that the camera area is vertical, where as the new model has horizontal camera arrangement. Also, I remember those old cases out there a long time ago. There are numerous websites that have bionic cases based on the old model.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Now pics of Bionic cases are being leaked. I wish they would tell us if this is for a 4.3" or 4.5" phone: Droid Bionic cases on the shelf at Meijer | Android Central

Brandon

Yes The cases are for the old CES Bionic not the New.

droid_bionic_case3.jpg
droid_bionic_case2.jpg