ANNOYING !!! Folder issues on DROID X

addict4life

Reaction score
sorry if someone has posted this before but i don't come by here much cuz i havent experienced too many problems with my Droid X except now. after upgrading to froyo i have had nothing but issues with my phone. the most annoying has been my folders just not working. i organize my apps into folders and they just stop working after awhile. i thought it could have been my task killer but i uninstalled that and rebooted phone and nothing. only when i reboot the phone does the folder work but after a bit it stops. when i press it it just wont open and i have to trash it then make a new one. anyone else heard of this?

jackshack928

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Droid X. I have three folders and it could happen to any of them at any time. My fix is the same - turn off and back on but the problem would come back. Today it is happenning a lot with the one folder and I may just move all the apps to their own page instead of using the folder. Will be searching the web for others out there.

Spoke too soon . . . . Redflea posted a great app called apps organized from the market. Thanks redflea - is the applause too late? ; )

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry if someone has posted this before but i don't come by here much cuz i havent experienced too many problems with my Droid X except now. after upgrading to froyo i have had nothing but issues with my phone. the most annoying has been my folders just not working. i organize my apps into folders and they just stop working after awhile. i thought it could have been my task killer but i uninstalled that and rebooted phone and nothing. only when i reboot the phone does the folder work but after a bit it stops. when i press it it just wont open and i have to trash it then make a new one. anyone else heard of this?

It sound like your using the default folders you can add to your desktop. Or are you using a file manager such as Astro, EStrong or Root Explorer.

I have never used default folders so I'm not exactly sure. I like everything to be all nice and tighty in one app that manages everything.

kendubya

Reaction score
From time to time, I also have the unresponsive folder view issue. Even when they are working correctly, the contained item's icons are not always shown. most of the time the default android app icon is displayed...messes up using icons without title view.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
From time to time, I also have the unresponsive folder view issue. Even when they are working correctly, the contained item's icons are not always shown. most of the time the default android app icon is displayed...messes up using icons without title view.

I had that problem running the paid version of Launcher Pro. Ended up switching to ADW. In Launcher Pro I had hide icon title selected and from time to time it set it to system default. The little blue screen with the gear by it.

I'm not sure if that's what your talking about, but sounds like it.

kendubya

Reaction score

I had that problem running the paid version of Launcher Pro. Ended up switching to ADW. In Launcher Pro I had hide icon title selected and from time to time it set it to system default. The little blue screen with the gear by it.

LPP yep, is that an lpp icon? Can't say I'd dump lpp for this issue.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

LPP yep, is that an lpp icon? Can't say I'd dump lpp for this issue.

Yea, I know how it is, I loved LPP. The setting are cool and fun. Just got tired of trashing icons, resetting them and then when I made a setting change it would happen again.

ADW has some great settings too. And you always have your backup of settings and desktop in LPP.

My suggestion would be install Home Switcher and install ADW also and check it out. Now the only thing with Home Switcher is if you have your regular default home, ADW and LPP it turns your home button into the switcher, which got annoying. So every time you hit the home button to back out of somewhere it brings up the Home Switcher screen instead. Couldn't find a setting to prevent it. So I just went with 2.

Hope this helps, good luckdancedroid

kendubya

Reaction score
so i just updated LPP to 8.1.1 and the icon issue is gone!