Delete Recent Folder

fredthemedic

Reaction score
When placing a shortcut on my home screen and choosing "folders" then "recent" all of my text messages are saved in this folder. Even though I have deleted them from my message application. Any way to delete these or delete this folder.
I formatted my sd card and realized it is stored on the phones internal memory. I am sure over time this will consume my phones storage space, not to mention the privacy issues.

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I just read something else like this today. Your texts will also show up on the contacts app even if u deleted them in the messaging app. We need to find a solution to this issue.

hoppie

Reaction score
There's another thread about the clearing messages problem on this forum too. As far as I can tell there's no workaround yet. A search on Motorola's site says they're aware and "working on it"....Hope that means a fix soon. If they want businesses to use this phone they need to fix this ASAP. Does nothing for security...Maybe one of the dev can fix it now that we have root.

macdaddy1

Reaction score
recents dont clear

I just posted this in a different thread earlier no replies as of yet.... I think they should name the app or fix the "Tiger woods" lol no seriously .. I too found it by accident by adding a shortcut to my home screen and said oh my all my texts are vulnerable and exposed with a simple long press on the home screen been trying to erase for 2 days

adamspooner

Reaction score
SOLUTION to the 'Tiger Woods folder' !!!!

Ex. i want to remove all my texts and calls regarding "Mystery Person."

1. Go into the contact of the person you are trying to remove data from.
2. Slide your finger from the left side of screen ---> to the right.
3. This brings you to the history folder, press the options or menu button
4. Choose clear history

This will only clear information within the recent folder of that single contact. You will have to go into each contact to clear them out of your recent folder.

WesBone

Reaction score
Delete Entire Recent History for All Contacts

Just open up contacts, slide the contacts from left to -----> right. hit the button with the 4 squares i dont even know what its called its beside the home button. a menu pops up, touch "clear history" and it will clear all of the history for all contacts.

adamspooner

Reaction score
Look Up

Just open up contacts, slide the contacts from left to -----> right. hit the button with the 4 squares i dont even know what its called its beside the home button. a menu pops up, touch "clear history" and it will clear all of the history for all contacts.

It looks like you copied my solution, the post right above yours. you even had the "----->," how do you not know what the 4 squares button is called, or why didn't you just copy my whole solution, not just part of it.

hahaha. Lame.

Reaction score

It looks like you copied my solution, the post right above yours. you even had the "----->," how do you not know what the 4 squares button is called, or why didn't you just copy my whole solution, not just part of it.

hahaha. Lame.

The difference is that his clears the history for ALL at once instead of going into each one separately.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
The 2 of you have both been here long enough that you should have already figured this out...but you are now going to argue about it?

Really, does it matter? The first solution that AdamSpooner posted is correct for doing each individual contact...the solution posted by WesBone is exactly the same, minus the first step of Spooners(selecting a contact) except it does in fact do all contact correspondence for all contacts at one time..not individually...

The steps are immaterial seeing as that is how you do both of these tasks...if he copied your description, I would bet it was to save time typing...

Reaction score
I wasn't begging the issue. I was just making an observation. The second post shows how to clear them all at once, while the first one shows how to clear them individually. He may have copied a lot of your post but he showed people something slightly different and helpful.