Not sure how to delete pictures after upgrade

hkangel

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and just recently installed the update however now when I try to take pictures it will not save them and when I try to delete them from my phone how I used to (viewing picture and hitting the menu button) there is no option to delete them. Anyone have any ideas or know how to delete the pictures without having to wipe my phone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me crazy as I can no longer take new pictures. I have also tried going into the gallery and deleting the pictures from there as well as trying to delete them from the DCIM folder in files however neither of those options work either.
Thanks

tatuud

Reaction score
the camera you should have is 2.3.3. you can check this in settings/applications/manage applications and go to camera. on my gallery i can just bring up a picture individually, touch the screen and a menu comes up. click the drop down box and an option to delete will come up. if that doesn't come up you may have a bad sc card since all of the pics go directly to the sd card. you can also use a program like "root explorer" and go to the sd card and delete them straight from the card. another option would be to hook it up to your computer and delete them that way...put the phone in mass storage mode by lowering the drop down screen after your connects. if your sd card is bad i would attempt to make a copy of all the material on your sd card, then reformat the card and see if that fixes the problem. or you could just try another sd card if you have one or borrow a friends.