Pictures from phone to PC

vaifan7

Reaction score
I succesfully moved pictures from my phone, and put them in a folder on my pc. " my pictures" . This was awhile ago, so i could not remember how I did it last time. I have taken more pictures sence then and want to move to that folder. I used the motorola media link software, and it deleted all the pictures I took, but did not delete the ones I took, and put in the folder I made. I found in "files" in my phone that there is a file with lots of jpegs, that I cant open. Are my pictures that got deleted in there? How do I recover? Or can I?

Your help is needed. The pictures I took are from Didneyland, and the Kids are pissed the phone ate them!

leftspin

Reaction score
you shouldn't need additional software to move files from your phone to PC. When you connect your phone to the computer via USB, you should get a notification on the notification bar (area at the top of the screen that displays service, clock, text message notifications, etc). Drag the notification bar down and select where it says "select to manage USB connection" and choose "USB Mass Storage." After that you should be able to open your computer's file browser, navigate to the phone's SD card, and just drag and drop the files to wherever you'd like.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The easiest way is to plug your phone into your computer as leftspin says. There are automated ways. Sometimes I just run FTP server on my phone and FTP files by connecting through my wifi router using filezilla or whatever ftp client. I did this for over a year, never plugging my phone into a computer.

leftspin

Reaction score
The easiest way is to plug your phone into your computer as leftspin says. There are automated ways. Sometimes I just run FTP server on my phone and FTP files by connecting through my wifi router using filezilla or whatever ftp client. I did this for over a year, never plugging my phone into a computer.

which FTP app do you use?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
On the droid I use swiftp and/or ftpserver. Both good.

On client pc I use filezilla which kinda stinks but I'm used to it.

However, nowadays I usually just use the USB cable and drag & drop files.