So many issues

SmD71nG

Reaction score
I just got my replacement phone and jesus that plathora of issues is killing me my spirit.

First the phone is laggy...more laggy than my droid 1.
Second my apps wont stay open, they start but don't stay open.
Third folders don't open. You can press them, but nothing happens other than a highlighted folder icon.
Forth issue, I received a call but my phone would not respond. Nothing would respond, no ringtone and no display of who called.

I am getting sick of the problems the X is giving me...someone please ease my pains!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brenneisec

Reaction score
I've never had any of these problems. I'd suggest maderstock or an easier solution: take it back to verizon

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Another issue, apps don't show up after download. I keep getting these ducking duds!

Jborch8

Reaction score
I agree, take the phone back. No use in trying to fix something that you didn't break haha.

Modified Fascinate
SC 2.9.1
TransBlueHC

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Two different phones after the fact now. Much better but still shutting down issues and non responsive folders. Duck it i am rooting...I give up. Give me the link for the best beginners rooting tutorial for that dx or the best app. Thanks guys

Last edited:

the11

Reaction score
Sounds like a bunch of the issues I am having with the one I just received. 3 droid2s and a droidx in 1 month.

palindrome

Reaction score
wow, thats insane and i hurt for you folks, u might connsider a refund and buying at a different outlet or something, never heard of so many bad products, although people do fail to their jobs at factories all the time. i frikin love both my d2s and dxs so there r good ones out there...again i feel your pain and hope.you find good ones.

x

the11

Reaction score
i'm taking mine to the verizon store store today and not dealing with tech support via the phone anymore. this has taken way too much of my time and its still not fixed.

not to mention the replacement they sent me that was an empty, damaged box when it got to the fedex hub in memphis. i never received the phone, have discussed with vzw at lease 3 times, and continue to get texts messages saying that i need to return the phone to avoid being charged.....

kevinkar

Reaction score
Factory reset it and use it bone stock for a week. If the problems with the stock included apps remain, definitely take it back. To have the same thing happen on several different phones leads me to believe it's an app you are loading and not necessarily the phone itself.

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
I posted about the Wifi issue in another thread

"Well i finally figured out the Wifi issue. It doesn't matter if the setting is changed to never office. It is pre-set within the system to shut off Wifi after 15minutes of inactivity. I found this under the power setting."

In regards to the phone locking up and folders not responding I am still at a loss. I have done a factory reset so we will see how this works out. Fingers crossed it was just an app causing problems and else serious. I am sure I am past my 14day return policy so I am pretty much stuck with this phone now.

aquamadman

Reaction score
I went through 8 replacements of a droid 2 in just seven months, after much complaining and 15 calls to the district manager I was given an upgrade to a droid x certified replacement. The replacement failed to boot right out of the box!, at this point I called corporate and spoke to an executive, he then sent me another replacement which failed in less than 72 hours. I then contacted the executive again and now I am waiting for a brand new, out of the box, non certified replacement phone..I hope this solves the issue as I am burned out on motorola right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Damn wish you luck with that.

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Finally just got my third certified droid x from verizon, and as of day three of usuage it is working like a charm, only once has it restarted on its own after I plugged it into my laptop. Other than that, wifi has not turned off once and im still waiting to see on the call drops and retarts during calls. I hope all is done with these shenanigans and I wont have to deal with a "new" phone for a while. Got some free screen protectors from them also, so now I just have to get skinomi to replace the old one and keep the verizon ones for backups.