Android's Best Phone of Next Year (2015) Poll

Which of these potential Android devices will be the best smartphone of 2015?

• Google Nexus 5 (2015)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Google Nexus 6 (2015)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • HTC One M9

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • LG G4

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Motorola Moto X 2015

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Motorola Droid (something) for 2015

• OnePlus Two

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Samsung Galaxy S6

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5

• Sony Xperia Z4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Unnamed/Unknown Device

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-Jedi-slice-and-dice.jpg

This year is coming rapidly to a close and we thought it would be cool to have a poll about smartphones, but this one will be a bit different. Frequently across the web, you will see mobile sites have polls regarding the best smartphones of the previous year, but we don't want to always get stuck reliving the past. Sometimes it's more fun to speculate about the future!

To that end, we want to know your best prognostication. Which smartphone that is potentially coming in 2015 do you think will be the best of the bunch. Will Motorola go back to the head of the class, or will HTC come back from the dead? Maybe you think Samsung will get a second wind and start dominating the Android landscape again. Here are a list of phones that are probably coming in 2015.

Obviously, some of these devices might not even come to pass, but most of them are likely a solid bet for materialization. Also, your definition of "best" may be different than someone else's and that is perfectly fine. Maybe the best device to you is the most popular, or the most technically advanced, or the most financially successful. After voting in the poll, please back up your choice with a post in the thread and defend it with your best argument.

Which one of these will be the superior gladiator!
  • Google Nexus 5 (2015)
  • Google Nexus 6 (2015)
  • HTC One M9
  • LG G4
  • Motorola Moto X 2015
  • Motorola Droid (something) for 2015
  • OnePlus Two
  • Samsung Galaxy S6
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5
  • Sony Xperia Z4
  • Other Unnamed/Unknown Device
*Please note that we mainly included OEMs that cater to North America, Europe and a larger global launch, since companies like Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo and others don't necessarily go out to every region. Regardless, we included an "other" category, so if you feel that something which was not mentioned will be the top dog, pick the "other" category and name your choice in the thread! Also, you can vote for multiple different devices if you want to get really "fancy" with it!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
First, I know now that it says 2015 right in the title, but that didn't stop me from almost commenting about the fact that some of those phones don't exist. Caught myself and now I'm owning up to my mistake.

Second, this is always a tough call. Seems to me that all of these oems are headed in their own particular directions, all of which seem valid at this stage of the game.

As you stated, what's the best for me isn't going to be the best for everyone else, but I'm definitely interested to see what the community thinks given the predecessors to the phones in this list that a majority of us are using currently.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I voted GN5 simply due to the fact that as a smartphone no other phone can accomplish what the Note series can.

With that being said I really hope to see the M9 do very well for HTC. It will keep them as a viable option instead of seeing another manufacturer fall off of the face of the Earth.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I voted for "Other" in the hopes that someone will truly innovate, whether it be an established OEM with a new line or a first time offering from someone else.

Sent from my Note 4

shockracer

Reaction score
I'm going for the M9.

I think HTC is listening to feedback about what they can improve. The software updates are beating most other companies to a release, also are trying to take as much of there own app and integrated software updates out of the Carriers hands and put them on the Play Store.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I voted Moto X. If Moto addresses the two main issues reviewers questioned, camera (which isn't horrible) and battery size (still gets through an average user's day) they will have a winner. Motorola has proven to improve upon Android as some of their features have worked their way into the Nexus line.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I voted Moto X. If Moto addresses the two main issues reviewers questioned, camera (which isn't horrible) and battery size (still gets through an average user's day) they will have a winner. Motorola has proven to improve upon Android as some of their features have worked their way into the Nexus line.

Agreed. Now if they would just go back to the 4.7" display...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I vote Note 5, but will end up buying the S6 simply because it will fit in my hand better. I was cleaning out my nightstand over the weekend and came across my Fascinate. I don't know how I used a device so small for so long! It seemed like a child's toy after using the S3/S5 the past few years.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I voted for the 2015 Droid. Tough choice between it and the Moto X. Then again, it's a tough choice between all of these possible phones. If they are all as good as or better than the current (2014) models then they will all be excellent choices. I have been a Motorola fan for a long time and like the direction that they are headed in with the Droid, Moto X and the new Nexus ( and the Moto G and E). I think their build quality is great and the phone radios are well known. Their idea to make the key features of the Droid Ultra / Maxx / Mini and 1st gen Moto X apps that can be updated from the Play Store was awesome (Active Display, Touchless Controls, etc.). Now we can get quicker updates and new features to the things that make the phone unique, without having to wait for the next OS update. All of these phones will likely have awesome specs and great features that appeal to someone. But for me...it's the Droid!

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I think Motorola will do something amazing with the Nexus 6 body and create a phablet to rival the Note.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm going for the M9.

I think HTC is listening to feedback about what they can improve. The software updates are beating most other companies to a release, also are trying to take as much of there own app and integrated software updates out of the Carriers hands and put them on the Play Store.

I'm going with HTC as well. I just hope they start using bigger batteries.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've noticed Lenovo has a lot going on with phablets... And their build quality has mysteriously improved so.. Who knows what motonovo will do..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm gambling and choosing 'other' with Lenovo. The Vibe Z2 is a beautiful piece of hardware. I think if Lenovo releases a handset like it here in the states, it will grab a lot of attention. HTC, Moto, Samsung etc all have some great smartphones but they are stuck in a design rut (my opinion)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im going with other because I think one of the major manufacturers (moto,htc, lg, sammy, apple) will try something bold this year that may catch on. Now Sammy is the company most likely to try something bold and new like they did with the alpha and the edge. And despite how I feel about touchwiz I respect Samsung's willingness to go for the big swing knowing they could whiff. But hey they connected on a few (Note phones). One+ will learn from their failures last year and will make great strides and providing better support and availability because they are on the verge of really stepping up. Also we can not forget the budget phones as we are seeing them on the rise. Also a nice budget phone and software combo seems to be BLU with windows 8.

As more people adopt smartphones we will see a rise in better budget smartphones.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm gambling and choosing 'other' with Lenovo. The Vibe Z2 is a beautiful piece of hardware. I think if Lenovo releases a handset like it here in the states, it will grab a lot of attention. HTC, Moto, Samsung etc all have some great smartphones but they are stuck in a design rut (my opinion)
Great minds.. Lol