Pre-Poll: Android Smartphone of the Year 2015 Speculation

Which upcoming rumored/possible Android smartphone will be the best device of the year?

• HTC One M9

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • HTC One M9 Plus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung Galaxy S6

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

• Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • LG G Flex 2

• LG G4

• Motorola X (2015 Version)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Motorola Droid ?

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Sony Xperia Z4

• OnePlus Two

• Google Nexus 6

• Google Nexus ?

• Other...

• Total voters

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm thinking the Note 5 will continue to amaze and inspire other manufacturers, just as they have over the past few years. As much as they can push people away with TouchWiz, they've really come a long in surpassing most other manufacturers with their total integration of form & function.
If I do happen to upgrade this year it will likely be an S6, simply due to size. If by chance they keep the N5 the same size as the 4, I might seriously consider throwing my hat into the phablet ring.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have been considering scaling down my phone sizes, but wrestle with the fact that it would probably more than likely irk me. I like the form factor of the i6, but it has a smaller screen than my Note Edge and yet it is bigger in size. That still seems ludicrous to me.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
My plan has been to get the Note 5 in October but now I'm not so sure. If the rumors are true about non-removable battery and no expandable storage for the S6, and they do that as well in the Note 5, I will be slamming the brakes on that idea. I have the Note 3 now and have had it since the first week. I can't see myself going to a smaller phone now. So I might be screwed if manufacturers are going to be stupid about this.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My plan has been to get the Note 5 in October but now I'm not so sure. If the rumors are true about non-removable battery and no expandable storage for the S6, and they do that as well in the Note 5, I will be slamming the brakes on that idea. I have the Note 3 now and have had it since the first week. I can't see myself going to a smaller phone now. So I might be screwed if manufacturers are going to be stupid about this.
Flagship phones are trending larger in size and I think that trend will only continue now that apple has hopped on the larger screen bandwagon.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Other.
Iphone 6s with ios 9 will look so much like a Galaxy S the sheep will go ballistic.
:D

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
You're doing it wrong...has to be ANDROID :) lol

Come on folks get your votes in!! Newsbrief is taping tomorrow and there's a tie! Vote! Vote! Vote!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The word "best" is subjective. Some need a removable battery and an SD. Some just want the best available under the hood.
Personally, I just need a 64G beast. It's has enough storage for my needs. I couldn't care about having a removable battery as I don't keep a phone long enough to worry about it.

Reactions: cr6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Other. I think we may have a new champion. Or at least one that will make a strong push.

I think moto will remain steady, htc m9 will actually get more sells and love than what is projected now, Samsung will keep its fan base. I see the note 5 actually winning as far as sell but we the fan favorite, as far as the Android community, will be one we did not see coming and will grab us because it decided to go against the grain.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
By turning their backs on the removable battery/expandable storage crowd after being one of the last flag bearers, Samsung will most definitely lose fans. Now they may gain new ones and to balance it out. In the end I say Samsung ends up treading water and the number of their devices activated will remain flat.