Hot Smartphones Coming in Last Half of 2015

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Nonexpandable memory isn't too bad...just need 64gig+ for it to be worth it. I also think with the push for it cloud storage should be included with your service.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
you know I've always said I won't do non removable battery and no SD card. guess what 64GB Nexus and I have neither nor do I miss it... I'd prefer one like the G4 but you adjust..

Tapped by NexusSix

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nonexpandable memory isn't too bad...just need 64gig+ for it to be worth it. I also think with the push for it cloud storage should be included with your service.
But the extra cost for 64 vs 32 is ridiculous. T-Mobile has a feature where music streaming to of certain apps and speed tests of certain apps don't count against the data allowance. I wrote that to say carriers should offer cloud services AND the use of them not count against the data cap. Give buyers a choice. Extra built in memory for those that don't mind paying for it so they don't have to consider moving media off device and a cloud service with more than some minuscule amount plus not have it count against the cap. Like way back in the days of limited minutes and calling your voicemail not using any of those finite minutes.
As far as any new phones coming out, there's really nothing that will grab my attention other than possibly a Note 5 if Samsung does something totally off the chain with it instead of the usual minor betterment over the last model. It's like you skip a model upgrade, pick up the next one to see any major difference on most phones. I see the Note5 being a big leap for those on a 3 or still using a 2 but not for us using a 4 now. But that's just me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

droiddon817

Reaction score
Note 5 for me. I currently have a Note 3, skipped the Note 4 because I don't see much difference, and am waiting for the Note 5. Hoping for some major upgrades. Guess I'll see later in the year.
From what I'm hearing .25 in screen size I may just go after iphone 7 next year. Upgrade will be right around release. I'm on note 3 as well

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
From what I'm hearing .25 in screen size I may just go after iphone 7 next year. Upgrade will be right around release. I'm on note 3 as well

I used to be an avid iphone user but now that I've made the switch to Android I don't think I could go back to the sheltered system on an iphone. There is just so many simple things that Apple refuses to let you do. Even when I used an iphone I had to jailbreak it to make it usable for me. Got sick of playing the waiting game with each new version while they developed a new jailbreak.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Speaking of storage/data limits....Google's unveiling a new photo service with unlimited cloud storage (including 1080p videos, pics up to 16 megs).

I assume there will be an option to sync over wifi only, otherwise ouch!