Android System Recovery Utility <3e> access

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
i used the method described in the OP, now my touch screen will not respond...Help?

Did you try a battery pull?

Sure did...even tried the factory reset from the Recovery. Screen went down hard, all other functions seem alright. Big red is overnighting me a "like new" one, when I paid for a "Brand New" one...sheesh.

oshigeru

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was telling the OP...I don't see why this is news lol.

im sure its the same on all droids since...

Well for a select few, this might have been news they were unaware of, I was simply adding my two cents...

FYI, Recovery was originally accessed on the D1 with rocker volume up and the camera button... This is physically impossible on the D3 (which I'm sure your aware of). So for myself and maybe a few others switching from a D1, this might be a little tid-bit worthy of news. Maybe not front page, but worth something. :)

On the D1 and D2, holding X got into recovery as well.

neilrl79

Reaction score
i used the method described in the OP, now my touch screen will not respond...Help?

Did you try a battery pull?

Sure did...even tried the factory reset from the Recovery. Screen went down hard, all other functions seem alright. Big red is overnighting me a "like new" one, when I paid for a "Brand New" one...sheesh.

They'll most likely send you a "brand new" one in "like new" packaging. That what they did for me. It's still pretty early in the game to have actual CLNR phones.

alisakatherine

Reaction score
Warranty or insurance is your best bet. If warranty won't cover it or if you have no insurance on it, you could try to get Samsung to repair it for less than buying a new one (usually).
Please don't bring back any more OLD and RESOLVED threads.
See More from: http://www.android-recovery.net/

Last edited:

psouza4

Reaction score
Warranty or insurance is your best bet. If warranty won't cover it or if you have no insurance on it, you could try to get Samsung to repair it for less than buying a new one (usually).
Please don't bring back any more OLD and RESOLVED threads.
Erm, check the date/time of posts -- you are the only one replying to a 2-year-old thread (well, now I am too I guess -- since I got notification that someone replied to a thread I was subscribed to).

Also, Samsung doesn't manufacture the DROID 3, Motorola does. :)