Amazon Underground Replaces Free App Of The Day

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No I'm not. I had the Appstore and Amazon shopping installed. The appstore installed AMAZON UNDERGROUND and I uninstalled it. Now the Amazon Shopping app gives an error.

I had to use TiBu to remove it and reinstall from Google play store. I reinstalled AMAZON shopping not underground. There is no app confusion.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
the appstore auto updated it... I wouldn't be surprised if they deprecated the old version and forced this new version on us... honestly... wth amazon why does this make sense... oh wait... it doesn't
I would never turn on auto-update

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would never turn on auto-update
I prefer my apps being up to date... google play warns when there are new permissions... and I've only got 2 amazon apps installed from their appstore... which DO NOT auto update... somehow when I was really tired... I tried to check the FAotD and must've clicked something to update my amazon app... even though I don't remember it.

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
I prefer my apps being up to date... google play warns when there are new permissions... and I've only got 2 amazon apps installed from their appstore... which DO NOT auto update... somehow when I was really tired... I tried to check the FAotD and must've clicked something to update my amazon app... even though I don't remember it.
I always keep apps updated too. I just don't allow the "machine" to decide for me.

Last edited:

droidatar

Reaction score
[QUOTE="johnomaz, post:
I'm tempted to reset my Nexus 7 and make a new/fake gmail account for it just to install this app. That way none of my personal data will be available.[/QUOTE]

I have had seperate email for Amazon for years, I have 5 yes 5 gmail accounts on my S4. Love K-@mail each email has a general purpose makes things so much simpler.

Amazon pushed the new underground to my phone. It is part and parcel with the amazon app. I don't download updates from droid store unless I verify it is something better. I have yet to find the do not auto update in amazon.

ヅ Droidatar
(knows just enuf to brick it)
Rooted S4 MDK I545 stock 4.2.2

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks "

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
I have had seperate email for Amazon for years, I have 5 yes 5 gmail accounts on my S4. Love K-@mail each email has a general purpose makes things so much simpler.

Amazon pushed the new underground to my phone. It is part and parcel with the amazon app. I don't download updates from droid store unless I verify it is something better. I have yet to find the do not auto update in amazon.

ヅ Droidatar

Did you install the Amazon App from Amazon?
I installed it from the Google Play Store and to not allow auto-updates from there.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I installed it from the Google Play Store and to not allow auto-updates from there.
I originally installed it from Google... but amazon has a habit of taking over your phone. I installed the Amazon appstore and somehow that linked amazon with it and updates.

it's amazing the lengths people will go for anonymity and yet... having 5 emails but using them from the same device and connection etc etc does nothing but link all of them together. true online anonymity takes careful vigilant work. tails or something of that sort is a good start, though you have to change all browsing habits. you'd be surprised what makes a person unique online.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

droidatar

Reaction score
I honestly can't remember, but sounds like you may be right. I notice everything tries to auto update from amazon :-(
just glad I have titanium so I can roll back if I need to.

ヅ Droidatar

droidatar

Reaction score
I originally installed it from Google... but amazon has a habit of taking over your phone. I installed the Amazon appstore and somehow that linked amazon with it and updates.

it's amazing the lengths people will go for anonymity and yet... having 5 emails but using them from the same device and connection etc etc does nothing but link all of them together. true online anonymity takes careful vigilant work. tails or something of that sort is a good start, though you have to change all browsing habits. you'd be surprised what makes a person unique online.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ya, I've been getting kind of concerned regarding linking my accounts online. I usually go through the trouble of signing out first or using a second browser.

Its actually more for my sanity, if I'm expecting a tech response I'll check there. Most of the time I don't even check emails unless in my bus account. And even with thew new Tapatalk I will get notifications.

ヅ Droidatar