Am i the only one who just isn't happy

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I really thought that this phone would be amazing and there are a lot of aspects that i like and a lot i don't

For starters, i love the big screen. But like others, games, pics, movies, they all look grainy and not as vibrant as other older phones.

My other gripe is the battery life. I have put my phone down for 4 or 5 hours from a full charge and picked it up later for it to be at 5% i mean, 100-5% in idle?? Im not going to shell out another 50 bucks for an extended battery either.
The 4g, i don't even have it in my area and the chick who sold it to me said our town would not see it for at least another year and a half and even though i have 4g off, i still think the power kills the battery

I'm constantly having to reboot it just to get it fast again. Just for it to slow back down in a few hours time.

I love the look of it. The smoothness of it. I have thrown all sorts of games at it without a hickup.

I think that either the software is too old for the hardware or vise versa. But i think come Monday i will be returning it and getting something more reliable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deek

Reaction score
Have you had a smart phone before? They normally are battery hogs, but they more than the average phone....

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Uh. Yes. This is my 4th Droid phone. And ive had a slew of blackberries and 3 iphones. My iphone could stream pandora all night and BARELY be below 20%

Right after i posted this i was on the browser looking at vzw and it rebooted on me. Twice. Not even my dinc did that

Reaction score
Sound like maybe a bad phone. My battery serves me well and I have had no issues. When I first got the Bionic, enter next day I realized the camera was not working and I coups not tasker pictures so I took out back and they have me a new one. No issues here except the same others have mentioned about apps disappearing for no reason. But even that had a fix.

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
I agree you may have a malfunctioning phone, my standard battery lasted 26 hours after a full charge and my extended lasts over 48 hours easily.

xmguy

Reaction score
I keep mine on CDMA only (since like the OP. No 4G in my area). Also keep battery saving to max. Turns off data when screen is off. Works great for me. I have to agree the Pentile display isn't the best. But it's not as bad as the Droid X2 either. I think overall it's a good phone.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I keep mine on CDMA only (since like the OP. No 4G in my area). Also keep battery saving to max. Turns off data when screen is off. Works great for me. I have to agree the Pentile display isn't the best. But it's not as bad as the Droid X2 either. I think overall it's a good phone.
You do know the screens on both the X2 and bionic are the same screen right just a different bezel?

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Ill be trying a few things to conserve battery power. Turned off my wifi for starters.

Gonna try battery saver mode. I just don't get why we have these phones with nice features and we can't use half of them to the extent because of battery.

chadwick108

Reaction score
Sounds like a battery issue I would suggest talking to Verizon or buying a battery off eBay I have bought extended slim battery for Droid 3 and am glad I spent the $20

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

GBH2

Reaction score
You can get the extended battery from Verizon for $25. I got 28 hours with moderate use out of mine.

If you are not in a 4G area you need to turn off 4G, having it search for a 4G signal will kill the battery fast. Wifi takes less power than even 3G - always use Wifi if you have the option. turn off bluetooth if you are not using it.

One of the big differences between the iphone and Android is that the iphone will mostly maintain a smooth user experience because it severely limits what the end user and app developers can do. Android gives the power to the user - you can load it up with a ton of crap Apps and Widgets all multi-tasking and using cpu cycles and RAM and make the greatest hardware run like crap - it's all up to you/:icon_ banana:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Definitely something wrong there. On busy days I'll only be able to check my phone 5 times throughout the day for a minute or two and by the time I get home I'm still at 70%. This is with wifi/4g/constant email and weather sync as well as other syncs when I unlock the screen.

69copo

Reaction score
I turn my wifi on as often as I'm able to. 3G/4G can be a killer for sure. I also use Juice Defender to help conserve power and ZDBox to manage apps. Juice Defender is set to "Aggressive" with a threshold of 20% and ZDBox is set to kill unprotected apps. when screen locks. After a couple of full battery cycles Juice Defender has done a full evaluation and really kicks in. I have been getting on average 16hrs. of moderate usage and 22+ on standby. It's what I've been using on my D1, Incredible,X,X2, Vortec (Daughters), D2G (Daughter), X2 (Wifes) and now my Bionic.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
When i checked my battery usage meter it said wifi was my big killer. Even after a charge to 100% and a reboot to kill stuff to test it out in idle

Yeah i think i will swap out. If i just let it go idle with light use, i get 4 or 5 hours.

Last night i went to bed at 3am and pulled phone off charger at 100%. Woke up about 12 and it was at 10% with 2 txts from the wife and a few misc notifications.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Twitter, forsquare, facebook, IMDB, youtube, last.fm, pandora, beautiful widgets, my quick contact, weather, blizzard authenticator, flashlight.