am I the only one that uses the physical keyboard?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
An extension to my previous post...

I've also used the speech-to-text feature with pretty good success.
It only works for short sentences but I find it to be pretty accurate, most of the time, and requires no typing at all!

Yay!

B

coovee

Reaction score
im forced to use the physical keyboard due to a malfunctioning digitizer and id say the qwerty is > touch screen. since these devices have bluetooth, there are rollup 'full size' keyboards that are pretty smooth and stuff like this

http://www.mymobilegear.com/AndroidKBDriver.php

like the atrix can ship with a dumb terminal which is pretty cool too

The dumb terminal is back | iQ - the innovation lab of GSW Worldwide

with a normal keyboard i get about 90wpm..and i thought that was good lol
long live qwerty!

patfactorx

Reaction score
Most people use their phone for fun not work so keyboards don't matter to them

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

rryyyaannn

Reaction score
for anything over 5 words I will use the physical keyboard. I love it and is one of the main reasons I got the D2g over the Dinc. For short message I've started using swype in the vericle position.

GhostnStuff

Reaction score
I use mine on my motodroid2 BUT idk why and I want to fix it but idk how to fix it when I press L on the keyboard it brings up calendar events
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO
Android v2.2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I do what most people seem to do, and use the physical keyboard for longer things, like emails. I'll use Swype for shorter messages. The physical keyboard was one of the big reasons I went with the OG Droid instead of waiting for the X to come out. That said, the keyboard isn't THAT big of a deal to me, so I don't think I'd mind if my next phone doesn't have one.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people can so seamlessly switch from the droid to the incredible, or x. I cannot stand onscreen keyboards and the physical kb was one of the main reasons I bought this phone. Swype is nice and all but I can't type 70+wpm accurately on swype as I can on my physical kb. I returned my iphone 3 weeks into my contract because I couldn't use a touchscreen kb. I sure hope future models of the droid beyond the droid 2 come with physical kbs. Am I the only one that uses this thing?
I got the Droid for the physical keyboard, but found using it to be impossible. No space between the keys. No dedicated numeric row. Constantly hitting other keys while trying to type. It is an abysmal keyboard. The old HTC G1's keyboard was far superior and easy to use. 99.9% of the time, I use the on screen keyboard.

Last edited:

MikePDaTruth

Reaction score
If I am banging out a quick text or GTalk message, I'll use Swype. However, if I am composing an Email message from my Exchange account for work, I'll use my D2's physical keyboard for that...don't want to risk any potential typos.