Always On Display For Any Android Device!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of my favorite features on the Galaxy S7 Edge is the Always On Display. I have a wireless fast charging stand that sits on my nightstand. The Always on Display acts as a nightstand clock while my phone charges. The LG G5 also features an always on display. The good news is that you do not have to go buy a new flagship to use this feature on your phone.

Glance Plus is an app that adds the Always On Display feature to any smartphone. The app is available for free on the PlayStore. Using it is easy. Just open the app and start the services. The always on display activates when you remove the phone from your pocket or wave your hand over the proximity sensor. Grab this app from the link below.

via Play Store

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I love Active Display. After 3 years of using it, I can't imagine switching to a phone that doesn't have it built in.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll test it on my nexus 6 later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Turned mine off. Not the same as motoactive.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Turned mine off. Not the same as motoactive.
I agree. The ambient display built into Android on my Nexus 5x still isn't even close to as good as motodisplay was on my Droid Maxx DE. However, if you really want it and it isn't available naively on your phone, this is a great solution.

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
i had the always on clock display on overnight and my phone went from 100% to 92 overnight . so i turned it off .