The Pixel 2 Will Feature Always On Display and Waterproofing!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pixel-2-leak-3-jpg.77850

Last year's Pixel was a bit of a let down in the fact that for the price it was kind of plain in the features department. Last year's Pixel was more about the software experience and less about the premium features. The Pixel lacked wireless charging, and waterproofing which are both becoming standard features in flagship devices.

It looks like the Pixel 2 will pick up a few flashy features including an Always On Display and IP68 dust and water resistance. We will likely still not see wireless charging and it looks like the phone will be ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack. Which features do you value most in a new flagship device? Are waterproofing and an Always On Display justification for Google's recent upward pricing trend?

via AndroidCentral

Attachments

• pixel-2-leak-3.jpg
    pixel-2-leak-3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,727

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Last year's Pixel was a bit of a let down in the fact that for the price it was kind of plain in the features department. Last year's Pixel was more about the software experience and less about the premium features. The Pixel lacked wireless charging, and waterproofing which are both becoming standard features in flagship devices.

It looks like the Pixel 2 will pick up a few flashy features including an Always On Display and IP68 dust and water resistance. We will likely still not see wireless charging and it looks like the phone will be ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack. Which features do you value most in a new flagship device? Are waterproofing and an Always On Display justification for Google's recent upward pricing trend?

via AndroidCentral

well they do want to buy HTC so they need cash :)

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was heavily considering getting the next iteration of the Pixel as a replacement device of my Nexus 6P. But without wireless charging I will likely hold on to my device or look else where. Glad to see they are adding waterproofing at least though

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Headphone jack > always on
Headphone jack > wireless charger
I get why you say it I just cannot bring myself to agree.

my LG g6 has a headphone jack, guess how much I've used it.

yeah... not once, same with my V20... I use BT for everything now. and a small adapter is better if I absolutely needed one...

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
unlike the rumor, it will not board a Snapdragon 836 processor, enhanced version of Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 6s iphone 7s

Last edited: