The Pixel 2 Keeps The Bezels!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-2-2017-evleaks-01-jpg.77712

Yesterday we discussed the lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack on the upcoming Pixel 2. That is not the only omission on the smaller next gen Pixel device. It looks like Google may have instructed HTC to keep the large chin and forehead. Yes according to recent leaks from Evan Blass we will be getting large bezels on the new Pixel. Apparently the Pixel XL 2 made by LG will have the 18x9 minimal bezel display that we have seen on the LG G6.

Some of you may also be disappointed to learn that the device will have a single lens camera even though other OEMs (LG, Samsung, Huawei) have adopted a dual lens setup for their flagship phones. The saving grace may be dual front facing speakers which many Nexus 6P fans complained about not having on the original Pixel. Which is more frustrating to you the lack of a headphone jack or a design featuring large bezels?

via Venturebeat

Attachments

• Google-Pixel-2-2017-evleaks-01.jpg
    Google-Pixel-2-2017-evleaks-01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,556

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I honestly don't see the big deal with some bezels on a phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I honestly don't see the big deal with some bezels on a phone.

generally I agree since it would be harder to find a good case without bezels. you also want that "wow" factor for that brand new phone that don't generally look like the old.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are going to have bezels that big might as well make them dual front facing speakers given that the jack is gone. Either that or take away the bezel and make the phone smaller for those wanting a smaller footprint in a phone.

But that is my opinion/gripe.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you are going to have bezels that big might as well make them dual front facing speakers given that the jack is gone. Either that or take away the bezel and make the phone smaller for those wanting a smaller footprint in a phone.

But that is my opinion/gripe.
Good point, dual front facing speakers would be nice if a phone is going to have bezels.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
XL.. XL I'm not even looking this way... Lol

Agreed though front facing speakers get some use from them chins

Sent using Tapatalk

mikabl

Reaction score
For me it's a phone, not a fashion statement. Front facing speakers, good build quality, good heat control are much more important. What's a phone jack, that big hole that collects dust?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
even though other OEMs (LG, Samsung, Huawei) have adopted a dual lens setup for their flagship phones.

AND MOTOROLA! Come on DM.... you never give Moto any love. :p hehehe

Oh, good grief, I am already sick and tired of "bezel talk". People are making way too much out of this latest fad.

Amagine

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get the hype for dual front facing speakers. I rarely listen to videos / music with out headphones. Same with using a speakerphone function.Usually that gets used while I am running or something, have the headphones on and a call comes through. I thought it was a good idea when the first HTC phone had them, then realized just how little they got used.
As far as the 3.5mm jack, I'm not a fan of losing them until a vendor comes out with a less complicated and easily as cheap option for earphones. Having to mess with an extra dongle just doesn't stick it for me.
Before someone points out that there are wireless earbuds, I'm not into wearing what amounts to a dog collar for wireless some earbuds ( admit it, you've had the thought when you see someone wearing those goofy things).
I was giving serious thought to a new Pixel, but that feature ( or lack there of) nicks it for me.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get the hype for dual front facing speakers. I rarely listen to videos / music with out headphones. Same with using a speakerphone function.Usually that gets used while I am running or something, have the headphones on and a call comes through. I thought it was a good idea when the first HTC phone had them, then realized just how little they got used.
As far as the 3.5mm jack, I'm not a fan of losing them until a vendor comes out with a less complicated and easily as cheap option for earphones. Having to mess with an extra dongle just doesn't stick it for me.
Before someone points out that there are wireless earbuds, I'm not into wearing what amounts to a dog collar for wireless some earbuds ( admit it, you've had the thought when you see someone wearing those goofy things).
I was giving serious thought to a new Pixel, but that feature ( or lack there of) nicks it for me.

Lol dog collar, good one! I'm with you on the Bluetooth headphones, they are just not that big of an advancement to warrant removing a simple cheap small efficient plug. But what do I know...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not to be "that guy" but front facing speakers i would compare to wireless charging. At the end of the day you really don't need them but you will know when you don't have them. When on break I'll watch miss shows (ie GOT) in my car. With Bluetooth sometimes the sound doesn't line up with the lips/action when i use bt headphones. I'll just listen to the action and those front facing speakers bring the book.

Every now and then I'll have a speaker battle and i love drowning out other phones (ie iPhone). Other times i would use my front facing speakers would be when i just want to listen to music or podcast in the house and i can hear the Nexus like i would a radio in the center of the room.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I want better speakers. Front facers are much louder. I listen to the news in the shower every morning and can barely hear my Turbo 2 over the shower even putting it in the medicine cabinet so the sound ricochets out. Anyone who's ever had to cup their hand around a phone so someone else can hear something playing knows what I mean.

I'm not a big head phone guy. I will use the adapter when I need headphones on my Z2. Having said that, I think the annoying part of BT headphones is having to charge them.

And of course we are 100% sure that BT is safe, right? Nothing like having little radio transmitters in your ears. But it's safe. Right? RIGHT?