GalaxyXMod Allows You To Customize Your Note 7 Always On Display

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Note 7 Always On Display is even better than the AOD on the Galaxy S7. It includes notifications for most apps as well as the time. Now you can actually add custom images to your always on display with GalaxyXMods. This does require you to be rooted and have the Xposed Framework installed. You will also need to edit whichever image you would like to use in photoshop to change the size of the image. Other features include a grey scale to save battery life, and also an infinite theme trial which allows you to use trial themes without the 5 minute limit. Head to the link below for download links and directions.

via HOA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Cool. It's funny to see this technology evolve from the Motorola Active Display into what is now essentially a reduced version of a full-on screen. What's the next step, the entire display is on and showing everything just as if it were actually on? Wait...that would mean it IS on...

Hmmm. :D

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Id wait to do this till you get a New Note 7 Replacement. I like this feature that has been on the Droid Turbo for over 2 years now. Is it on the Moto Z?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Id wait to do this till you get a New Note 7 Replacement. I like this feature that has been on the Droid Turbo for over 2 years now. Is it on the Moto Z?
Yes, it's on the Z and Z Force.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just FYI: Active Display was first released on the Moto X and Droid Ultra / Droid Maxx in 2013. And it has been on all Moto X models and Droid models since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just FYI: Active Display was first released on the Moto X and Droid Ultra / Droid Maxx in 2013. And it has been on all Moto X models and Droid models since.

I was PO'd when they didn't release the functionality for the the Nexus 6, since it's technically a Moto X Pro.