New Galaxy S7 Always On Display Features Give You More Control!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have been using the HTC 10 as my daily driver device over the past week, and there is one feature from the Galaxy S7 Edge that I am really missing. The HTC 10 does not have an always on display equivalent. While many have complained about the Always on Display I have really enjoyed Samsung's implementation. I used it most for a nightstand clock so having to pick up and wake up my HTC 10 to check the time while in bed has been pretty annoying.

Samsung has made this feature even better with a new update. The update allows you to set custom time frames for when you want the Always on Display on. You can set the Always on Display to only be on at times when you are at home if you find yourself near a clock all day at work. This is much better than having to manually disable and enable the feature and could save you a percentage or two of battery life throughout the day.

The Night Clock has also been updated. You can enable the feature for up to 18 hours now, up from 12. The S7 will auto defautl to night clock if it overlaps your Always On Display schedule. The Dual clock option has been changed to the world clock. The world clock lets you chose up to 4 clocks from different nations. This is great for when you are traveling abroad, or if you have colleagues or family accross seas. You find the update in the Galaxy App.

via Sammobile

jbal52

Reaction score
I too enjoy using my always on display for a clock on my nightstand. It also serves as my alarm clock when needed. I just place it on my Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand at night then I have the time at a glance and a full charge when I pick it up in the morning.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using that feature embedded into Alarm Clock + for years. It only comes on during the set time and when it's plugged in both so it doesn't put a hurting on my battery. The clock also moves around the screen to help prevent screen burn, or whatever it's called.
Can you change the color and fonts of the always on clock? That's a must have for me at oh dark thirty in the morning. Anything less than ginormous and Android green is just a blur to me.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><