All sounds muted-Need assistance

Waltsm53

Reaction score
I recently attached my RAZR to an portable music player so I could listen to music without headphones. I now find that all sounds from my RAZR are muted including music, ringtones, game sounds, etc. I've checked all options and volumes on my phone, and I do hear the start up Droid when powering up the phone. But all other sounds are muted.

When I look at Settings>Sound>Speaker is shows connected even though it is not connected to a speaker.

Any suggestions on how to re-activate sounds and changing the Speakers setting so it does not think its connected to a speaker?

Thanks

Death4U

Reaction score
There are a few posts on this issue here already. Lint or dust in headphone jack is one culprit. Others have had faulty solder joints to the external speaker. Search the forums for this solutions should fix you right up. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Plug a 3.5mm plug into the jack, do this a few times, in and out, and that should restore the sound from your speaker.

Rebooting usually fixes it..unless its a hardware issue.. pressing on the speaker at the rear of the phone can also kick it back in.. don't press too hard.

OP
W

Waltsm53

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's responses. I was amazed to find that pressing lightly on the back of the phone fixed the problem. Amazingly weird!:icon_ banana:

lenniew

Reaction score
Speaker problems with razr

This is a common fault with razor, although Motorola deny this. I sent mine back under warranty as the main speaker stopped working meaning it would not ring or play back any media sounds. They returned it saying it had been fixed but it had not. By lightly pressing in the centre of the rear of the unity the speaker would work again but not for long. I rang them again and they asked me to return it again but still denied there was a problem. I called ASDA who I bought it from and they and were as good as gold and replaced the unit. Motorola need to wake up and admit there is a problem.