How to mute all sound when the phone is set to vibrate/mute?

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
When I set my phone Samsung S4 to vibrate or mute mode, when I play a video clip or music. there will be sound coming out. How to set to mute sound when I play video/music? (I know I can adjust volume during playing of video/music. What I mean is when I set the phone to vibrate or mute mode, I want the video/music to start with mute/no sound. I will increase the video/music volume myself if I want to.)

Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I set my phone Samsung S4 to vibrate or mute mode, when I play a video clip or music. there will be sound coming out. How to set to mute sound when I play video/music? (I know I can adjust volume during playing of video/music. What I mean is when I set the phone to vibrate or mute mode, I want the video/music to start with mute/no sound. I will increase the video/music volume myself if I want to.)

Thanks
Not sure if there's a toggle or setting that you could download that can do this, but I might be interested to know if there is.

brhearn27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
nexus 5

Thanks

Thanks

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I use Switchpro Widgets. It is a full suite of toggles. You can tweak what is controlled with a particular toggle in the settings menu. With the volume toggle you can set it to mute media and alarm volume along with ringtone and notification volume.