Sound not working at all

mrbofus

Reaction score
I noticed this morning that I received some e-mails and didn't hear the notification sound. I then tried changing my ringer and noticed none of them were playing. I then tried playing a video and there was no sound either.

Under Settings -> Sound -> Volume, the volume settings for Ringtone, Media, and Alarm are all up all the way. The phone is not on silent. I also tried restarting the phone, plugging headphones in and taking them out, putting the phone on silent and then back to normal, all to no avail.

When I plug in headphones, I can hear sound through the headphones, and when I make a call, the earpiece works fine, but speakerphone does not, so it seems like the speaker on the phone itself is broken.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Is there a setting that I am missing? Or is this a hardware issue?

jaybogg

Reaction score
Bumping an 8 month old post to promote your app? Hmmm....

When I click the link this is what it says under the "install" button: This app is incompatible with your Verizon Motorola DROID RAZR.

Last edited:

dmwoods

Reaction score
Bumping Razors 8 month old post to promote your app? Hmmm....

When I click the link this is what it says under the "install" button: This app is incompatible with your Verizon Motorola DROID RAZR.

There are a lot of people with Razrs that have installed it and it has worked. It's an app that helps fix the problem so is relevant. People do searches and old posts come up. If they find this post and the app works for them, then good. If not, the app was free and they can uninstall it. What is the harm?

jaybogg

Reaction score
There are a lot of people with Razrs that have installed it and it has worked. It's an app that helps fix the problem so is relevant. People do searches and old posts come up. If they find this post and the app works for them, then good. If not, the app was free and they can uninstall it. What is the harm?

There is no harm. I am sure your app is quite good based on the general reviews. However, of the 5 reviews for razr devices on your app's page in Play Store, 3 report that it did not work. That's a 40% success rate for our devices. I feel those reported results, along with the warning on your apps page, should be mentioned here on a forum for razr devices. Based on the "installs graph, it looks like your app has seeing a lot of installs lately, and I am happy for you in its success. There are a lot of android devices I am sure it works flawlessly on, just doesn't sound like the razr is one of those. I hope we get the bugs worked out of the ICS install we are trying to work through, and then possibly the razr warning can be removed from your app in the Play Store. As far as the OP goes, I suspect he found a solution, or he would have bumped his own post, long, long, ago. I wish you the best of everything and great success with your app. We need all the developers we can get for these great devices!:biggrin:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What is the harm?

The harm is in spamming this forum with 20+ posts promoting your APP without the consent of the moderators.

dmwoods

Reaction score
There is no harm. I am sure your app is quite good based on the general reviews. However, of the 5 reviews for razr devices on your app's page in Play Store, 3 report that it did not work. That's a 40% success rate for our devices. I feel those reported results, along with the warning on your apps page, should be mentioned here on a forum for razr devices. Based on the "installs graph, it looks like your app has seeing a lot of installs lately, and I am happy for you in its success. There are a lot of android devices I am sure it works flawlessly on, just doesn't sound like the razr is one of those. I hope we get the bugs worked out of the ICS install we are trying to work through, and then possibly the razr warning can be removed from your app in the Play Store. As far as the OP goes, I suspect he found a solution, or he would have bumped his own post, long, long, ago. I wish you the best of everything and great success with your app. We need all the developers we can get for these great devices!:biggrin:

I've gradually gotten up to 324 installs on the Razr. I don't know why it says "unavailable on this device" for some of them. Google Play can be a strange beast.

You can see in the picture that the number in successful installs has gradually increased. I've been emailing people who take the time to contact me to help them try and get their phone working.

View attachment 54208

dmwoods

Reaction score
The harm is in spamming this forum with 20+ posts promoting your APP without the consent of the moderators.

What I meant is that I'm not promoting a game or some non-topic app. Each thread relates to what I went through with my phone and I tried to come up with a temporary fix to allow people to use their phone while waiting for a permanent fix. I first thought it was a hardware issue, but after time, I started to suspect there was a bug in the routing logic, so I came up with a way to alleviate the issue. I've seen a lot of replies about calling Verizon, or Google, or Samsung to no avail.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I've gradually gotten up to 324 installs on the Razr. I don't know why it says "unavailable on this device" for some of them. Google Play can be a strange beast.

You can see in the picture that the number in successful installs has gradually increased. I've been emailing people who take the time to contact me to help them try and get their phone working.

View attachment 54208

The graph you reference says "active installs", not "successful installs". Please be accurate in your language. I thinks my responding to your post has given it probably more attention than its due in this particular forum. So I'm outa here! Wish you the best.

dmwoods

Reaction score
The graph you reference says "active installs", not "successful installs". Please be accurate in your language. I thinks my responding to your post has given it probably more attention than its due in this particular forum. So I'm outa here! Wish you the best.

Active Installs are the number of devices that the app is currently installed on. The status doesn't increase when installing updates. If the app didn't work, and someone removed it, then that statistic would be reduced, so it is the only decent indicator for those happy with the app.
There is also a statistic called User installs. That statistic shows how many times users have installed the app in general (including updates).