All Apps Opening?

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea where this goes, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

But... I had the Droid Eris, and when I would kill apps (Advanced Taskiller), the apps wouldn't open for a while after that.

But since my Eris broke (trackball), I got a Droid Incredible (much better), but once I close my apps (Again, Advanced Taskiller), I can go back to it in less than a minute, and almost all of my apps will be open again.

So in short... All my apps keep going back onto my Advanced Taskiller list to be killed...

I don't have very many apps since I just got my phone yesterday...

It will have ALL the apps that I have downloaded, and many that I didn't even have to download (slacker amazon, calendar, city id, friend stream, footprints, gmail, mail, my verizon mobile, skype [I HATE SKYPE], V cast apps, vz navigator, and many many more....)

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Or to stop all these apps from opening by themselves??

Again, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

THANKS!

---------------EDIT-----------------

Also... Is there anything else I can do to improve battery life?

Much appreciated!

When you say your apps are open do you mean in the background? The Android OS does an excellent job managing applications. You really do not need a task killer. Typically, they cause more problems than the solve. Keep in mind the OS allows the apps to "run" in the background so that you can multi task.

Here is a link that may help http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

Mike

Sorry, I should have included this in my first post. I'm moving to the Incredible general discussion section. Good luck.

Mike

Also, many people have gotten better battery life by just not using a task killer.

Last edited by a moderator:

tigerdango

Reaction score
What Mike said. Also you were probably trying to shutdown processes the INC needs to run.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

drtnsnw

Reaction score
don't use task killer on the Dinc!! They are not necassary and cause more harm than good. I have tried it with and without them and they just don't work. Froyo does a great job of controlling memory

Chris

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah there was absolutely no change in performance with the task killer. It was actually a guy at Subway with a Droid that warned me about task killers. Lol

HoochieCoo

Reaction score
The Verizon guy installed ATK on my phone and tried to explain in his best technical talk why I needed it. I assumed he was wrong, read up about the issue and promptly uninstalled it. The short story is that Android is not like a desktop OS. You really don't need an automatic task killer. Let Android do its thing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Verizon guy installed ATK on my phone and tried to explain in his best technical talk why I needed it. I assumed he was wrong, read up about the issue and promptly uninstalled it. The short story is that Android is not like a desktop OS. You really don't need an automatic task killer. Let Android do its thing.

Verizon employees are taught to tell customers to install a task killer. I would say 99% of this forum knows and believes a task killer is unnecessary for the phone.

tigerdango

Reaction score
Why the hell would they teach their reps to try and install ATKs? That is bullcrap. Even if I worked for Verizon as a rep or whatever I would tell the customer actually what I knew, to the best of my knowledge, to be proper for their phones. >< Companies really piss me off a lot these days.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think its layover from when early builds of android actually benefitted from a task killer (correct me if i'm wrong) a kind of lag if you will. Verizon will take a while to catch up with the knowledge of the community and at that point we will have learned ten more things (figuratively speaking)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

tigerdango

Reaction score
I would like to think that people who work at Verizon actually does keep up with the community instead of relying on Verizon to tell them everything. But who knows with people anymore.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you also have to think about the fact that not every Verizon employee owns or has even spent a ton of time using android phones. Then think about how many people come to this forum and think a task killer is the most important thing in the world. I have personally spent a lot of time trying to convince people (my gf included) to ditch their task killers. Its just not general knowledge yet and not all Verizon employees are advanced users either. We here are advanced users and we will always be ahead of the curve on these things, and it will always be infuruating to see people perpetuating myths like the task killer. Way I see it is at least I know better and can pass that knowledge on. Well that's my rant for the night lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

tigerdango

Reaction score
Lol a rant it may be, but a true one. You're right though. It was actually a guy at Subway...At SUBWAY...that told me about the ATK while I was picking up a hoagie. Isn't it ironically funny that I would learn something that was actually good for my phone while picking up lunch, yet when you goto the actual store for the phone (i.e. Verizon or Best Buy) half the time they don't know what they're talking about and screw stuff over half a million times (like Best Buy did with my BB AND DROID)? Just gave me a chuckle. Seriously...In the time period that my girlfriend upgraded to her new phone and I decided to get one on her and her brother's family plan, we must have gone to Best Buy over ten times in a period of one month...And half the time it was because of something they screwed up on to fix.