OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
800 Ghz! Holy crap! Liquid Nitrogen and micro cold fusion reactor included?! :)
quoted for sarcasm : )

I was pointing out that the rumor floating around is that it's clocked at 1GHZ...

lacey

Reaction score
why does it look like the phone opens up in the middle if there's no keyboard?
i heard that it could be a FWVGA touch screen in place of a keyboard or something.
what exactly is that?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
i heard that it could be a FWVGA touch screen in place of a keyboard or something.
what exactly is that?

It doesn't look like it opens in the middle to me.

unkledaddy

Reaction score
what exactly is that?
Agree in the pic where it shows the mini USB and HDMI plug in it looks like it has a hinge? Either way I want that phone!!!!!

Kineo

Reaction score
what exactly is that?

It looks like it slides out and the keyboard that you speek of is like a secondary touch screen that slides out we had a conversation on the droidpro thread about them. If the Droid x has one and the droidpro doesn't have one I willbe mad.

Darkseider

Reaction score
what exactly is that?

It looks like it slides out and the keyboard that you speek of is like a secondary touch screen that slides out we had a conversation on the droidpro thread about them. If the Droid x has one and the droidpro doesn't have one I willbe mad.

Huh? The Droid Xtreme is a slate. As in NO QWERTY. The Droid 2 will have a physical keyboard. The Droid Pro if/when it is released is rumored to be the 2Ghz God phone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I heard this device (Droid X) comes with a snazzy little dock.

Guy I spoke to also said it was clocked at 800GHZ

Some conflicting reports I'm getting...

Nonetheless this device will be fantastic.

CK, you hear anything yet if their is a physical kb on the pro?

upinsmoke

Reaction score
IDK where they are going to with this. I guess it would be ok if you have a purse to carry it around in, but it seems like for day to day use for guys having something that big in your pocket seems a bit excessive. I have enough stuff in my pockets taking up space as it is - don't need a monster phone to boot.

kristoff125

Reaction score
But it would be funny if the screen is full 720p, it already puts the iphone's fancy retinal display to shame.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
IDK where they are going to with this. I guess it would be ok if you have a purse to carry it around in, but it seems like for day to day use for guys having something that big in your pocket seems a bit excessive. I have enough stuff in my pockets taking up space as it is - don't need a monster phone to boot.

That's why they make phones with smaller screens. Personally, I want as big of a screen as they make and don't mind carrying it around daily.

Also, I think you're blowing the size a little out or proportion. The Moto Droid's screen is 3.7 inches. The Droid X's screen is 4.3 inches. We are talking about 0.8 inches, so it's not like the size is that different from the phone you already have. The X is also thinner and lighter than the Droid, so that would seem to balance out the size difference.

joker402

Reaction score
They better have a holseter and screen protectors on launch and they better be the ones that go all the way on the screen rather than just the ones that cover the top like the DROID

kristoff125

Reaction score
They better have a holseter and screen protectors on launch and they better be the ones that go all the way on the screen rather than just the ones that cover the top like the DROID

As long as they slap on some gorilla glass like on the droid, you won't need a protector.

upinsmoke

Reaction score

That's why they make phones with smaller screens. Personally, I want as big of a screen as they make and don't mind carrying it around daily.

Also, I think you're blowing the size a little out or proportion. The Moto Droid's screen is 3.7 inches. The Droid X's screen is 4.3 inches. We are talking about 0.8 inches, so it's not like the size is that different from the phone you already have. The X is also thinner and lighter than the Droid, so that would seem to balance out the size difference.

its actually .6 inches ;)

My point being is that phones are increasing in size. Maybe you have less stuff in your pants than I do , but I already notice that incredible "pokes" me in a non-pleasant way. Your also referring to screen size. The bottom line is we are talking about a phone that is 5" long. Break a piece of something hard off that is 5" long and put it in your pocket. Now imagine that being 2.5" wide. I'm not one of those kind of guys that carries a "man bag" ( not that there is anything wrong with that for those that do hehe) so carry options are rather limited at that point. The depth and weight are rather negligible.