Alarm clock not working..

amishdude01

Reaction score
My friend just got the D4 a few days ago, he said he loves the phone but sometimes his alarm wont go off. I thought there was a possibility that he might have turned it off in his sleep or something but he assured me that didnt happen. That made me skeptical and a tad worried since I use my D4 every day to wake up. So last night I set my alarm for this morning to 9am.... never went off. I know for a fact I didnt turn it off in my sleep. Has anyone else experienced this problem? This worries me because I rely on this every day. Would an aftermarket alarm clock be a better and more reliable choice?

djdarkside

Reaction score
Mine works fine, make sure that increase volume in the settings is unchecked. That maybe the issue.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Axium

Reaction score
Also check if the volume rocker action is disabled or not. I disabled mine cause the longer it takes me to shut off the alarm the better chance I'll get up and you can dismiss the alarm with the volume rocker

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using DroidForums

Reaction score
go to settings/sound/volume and make sure that the slider for alarm is all the way up (or whatever volume level you like)

mfendley

Reaction score
Also make sure there is not a SmartAction that is active that is not allowing the alarm app audio to be played.

OP
amishdude01

amishdude01

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I unchecked the increase volume option and it seems to be working now. Thanks again!

kpoker

Reaction score
I did uncheck increasing volume and alarm still didnt go off. Definitely some issue. I only have battery extender running

Raydude

Reaction score
Bump.

My wife is having this problem with her Droid X. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it related to be in battery saving mode?

TIA