Droid 4 Alarm Clock on Dock

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Back in the day when I had a Blackberry Storm/2, I could dock it in a charging dock and an alarm cloak suddenly filled the horizontally-oriented screen. The next morning the clock would wake me up, the battery would be fully charged, and I'd be good to go. The "alarm" I used was really the calendar app on the Blackberry. All other apps could be silenced with one click on the screen. So, phone calls, twitters, text messages, and incoming Emails would not disturb my sleep.

Is there such an app for the Droid 4?

LocoRon

Reaction score
Have you tried the "Alarm and Timer" app?

It's just the Blur clock app, so unless you rooted and deleted/froze it, you should have it. And you can put your phone on silent, and it will still "ring" when you set it for. (I highly recommend using the increasing volume setting, it's the killer feature, for me!)

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
How about this dock ??

I'm looking at this dock (sold by Amazon.com) -- but since I don't have it (heck, I haven't even ordered it yet), I can't test it. Do you see any red flags with this doc?

LocoRon

Reaction score
According to the reviews, that doesn't trigger dock mode (ie, the large clock), it just charges...

Of course, if you were set on that dock, for whatever reason, you could probably create a Tasker action (or Smart Action) that would trigger dock mode any time the phone is charging... not ideal, but maybe acceptable?

If money is no concern though, it'd probably be a good idea to look into the official dock.

Edit:

I should probably mention, I'm not very familiar with the Droid 4 docks. Once I got my D4, my D2 became repurposed as a very nice clock (since I already had its dock). So, I don't need the D4's dock (although, I am quite interested in its inductive charging battery cover, whenever I get the money for it).

Last edited:
OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Where, oh where ??

What's a good source for the good Motorola Dock? Could not find it on Amazon.com. And I have a $100 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my wallet. Any ideas?

Kenshai

Reaction score
For a desk dock, just get the Droid 3 dock. Works perfect and enables dock mode. Should be able to find it for ~$20, Amazon did stock it for $19 but no longer has it in stock currently.

Can set Smart Actions to turn off audio after a certain time to disable that. Alarm sounds are separate from other system sounds.

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm looking at this dock (sold by Amazon.com) -- but since I don't have it (heck, I haven't even ordered it yet), I can't test it. Do you see any red flags with this doc?

I have that dock and it's perfect. Fits the Droid 4 properly so you can easily slip it in without struggling to line it up...especially if doing it at night in the dark.

It will not activate the dock mode but download razr dock from the Play Store and setup a Smart Action to activate it...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redsulfur.razrdock&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

S
mart Actions....Trigger - Charging Wall Adapter. Action - Launch Application - Razr dock.

I bought two, one for myself and one for the wife.