Rezound dock as an alarm clock?

kimintenn

Reaction score
What's everybody think about the rezound dock and especially using it as a bedside alarm clock? I had the dock for my original Droid and I LOVED it. Definitely one of my favorite features. I've been reading in various places that people are generally underwhelmed with the rezound dock. Do you guys think it's worth buying? It will fully charge it overnight, right? Can you make the clock bigger than just the tiny clock widget?

rap4974

Reaction score
I also loved the nightstand clock with my old Moto Droid. I can't find any app that comes close to it now with the Rezound. The ones I've found either have small numbers or they don't move around on the screen or you have to shake it bla bla bla.

I just want a simple nightstand clock that I can read without glasses and won't burn in the screen.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also loved the nightstand clock with my old Moto Droid. I can't find any app that comes close to it now with the Rezound. The ones I've found either have small numbers or they don't move around on the screen or you have to shake it bla bla bla.

I just want a simple nightstand clock that I can read without glasses and won't burn in the screen.

Have you tried Alarm Clock + ? The dock mode allows the clock colors, fonts and movement

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

EVSP

Reaction score
I have the dock and the only downfall I see so far is that you can't use it if you have a case on your phone - or you'd have to remove the case everytime you go to bed or use the dock, which I hate. Or, go caseless all the time but you know what risks that poses. With the dock on my OG, the dock had an insert that could be removed for a bigger spot to put the phone with case into the dock to charge. The Rezound dock doesn't have that feature and I really wish it did.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

rap4974

Reaction score
Have you tried Alarm Clock + ? The dock mode allows the clock colors, fonts and movement

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

I just tried it looked promising, thanks.
But the screen just goes blank and I would have to repress the power button to get it back on. I don’t need an app for that.
I looked through the settings and didn’t find anything that would keep the time on but just move it around. I was able to make the font size readable though even if it was for only a minute.

rap4974

Reaction score
Here's an the desk clock app that came with the d1, works on the bionic, not sure about the rezound. This is a zip that needs to be flashed in recovery. However, you could also extract the apk put in /system/app, set permissions, then reboot. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mbk/178626-deskclock-bionic-without-need-physical-dock.html

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ha, thanks but I'm the guy that just wants to be able to download an app and run it. I have enough trouble with those. :biggrin:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried it looked promising, thanks.
But the screen just goes blank and I would have to repress the power button to get it back on. I don&rsquo;t need an app for that.
I looked through the settings and didn&rsquo;t find anything that would keep the time on but just move it around. I was able to make the font size readable though even if it was for only a minute.

Did you set screensaver timeout to Never? Settings, screensaver timeout, never

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

rap4974

Reaction score
Were you able to find a solution for the dock? I haven't had much luck.

I tried Alarm Clock Plus as mountianbiker suggested and it comes close. The reason it would time out was because I was testing it without it plugged in. Once I plugged it in it stayed on dim but then wouldn’t move around even though I had the “animate screen” checked. If it only did that it would do everything the old moto did. I was going to email the developer but never got around to it.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
I tried Alarm Clock Plus as mountianbiker suggested and it comes close. The reason it would time out was because I was testing it without it plugged in. Once I plugged it in it stayed on dim but then wouldn’t move around even though I had the “animate screen” checked. If it only did that it would do everything the old moto did. I was going to email the developer but never got around to it.
Do you think there is a risk of it burning into the screen? I don't even know if these screens do that but I assumed that's why the other one floated around.

shyronnie

Reaction score
I got the RND Power Solutions Deluxe 2nd Battery Charger and Data Sync Cradle / Desktop Dock Station for HTC Rezound (compatible with or without a case) off of Amazon. I have a case on my Rezound and it works great. Unfortunately, you cannot make the clock widget bigger. I really wish it took up the majority of the screen. Also with the RND dock station it doesn't take you right into dock mode. Right now I am trying Dock Clock. So far I like it but I wish it showed the weather. [h=1]
[/h]

cp24eva

Reaction score
Video I made a while back.

[video=youtube;JR6K5ph4tAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR6K5ph4tAE&feature=plcp&context=C3973dbdUDOEgsToPDskKnKN6sRK4CyZbwsIjuOEcy[/video]