Better alarm clock?

OpalCat

Reaction score
Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but my husband thinks that the stock alarm clock is "a pain" and won't use it. He instead uses this little battery powered travel alarm clock that you have to take the battery door off of just to set. It's sad. I told him I'd see if there was a better alarm clock out there for the Droid...

Anyone know? (And before you ask, and yes I know this makes it a lot harder to answer, no I don't know what it is he thinks is "a pain" about it. I assume he doesn't like the way you input the wake time--he gets up at a different time every day because of his schedule at the hospital.)

lookEVO

Reaction score
I use openalarm from the market. it works great and has never let me down. It was free too IIRC.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but my husband thinks that the stock alarm clock is "a pain" and won't use it. He instead uses this little battery powered travel alarm clock that you have to take the battery door off of just to set. It's sad. I told him I'd see if there was a better alarm clock out there for the Droid...

Anyone know? (And before you ask, and yes I know this makes it a lot harder to answer, no I don't know what it is he thinks is "a pain" about it. I assume he doesn't like the way you input the wake time--he gets up at a different time every day because of his schedule at the hospital.)

Really? A pain? I find it quite easy and straightforward. I have about five different profiles set up and check whichever one applies for tomorrow before I go to bed. A pain? - must be a guy thing. :laugh:

vinnard

Reaction score
Gentle Alarm is excellent. Extremely customizable! It's definitely worth the money

david1pro

Reaction score
Gentle Alarm is great, but it will not go off if any other app has failed and has a "force close" or "wait" choice for you. It seems Gentle Alarm is locked in the background until the other app is taken care of. With Verizon's crappy network (in Dayton, Ohio, at least)... often other apps/widgets will fail in the middle of the night when updating (weather, news, etc.) because of a network error.

Anyone know of a way to just have other apps close, rather than waiting on me to hit a button?

Spartan

Reaction score
Bedside is a very good clock and alarm. You can easily set multiple alarms. I travel a lot and use it everyday. Very reliable.