ADW question

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Stock swapout in system/app is 1.1.5

ADW now up to 1.3.6, have tested by installing on saph 1.1.1

But, I want to install as the system default, can I move the launcher.apk with root explorer?

Want to just have 1.3.6 without a market entry.

Or is there an upgrade path I don't know about? :)

Of course, with the guys about to bring 2.0 to fruition, that may be included, but I thought I'd ask how, thanks in advance.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Stock swapout in system/app is 1.1.5

ADW now up to 1.3.6, have tested by installing on saph 1.1.1

But, I want to install as the system default, can I move the launcher.apk with root explorer?

Want to just have 1.3.6 without a market entry.

Or is there an upgrade path I don't know about? :)

Of course, with the guys about to bring 2.0 to fruition, that may be included, but I thought I'd ask how, thanks in advance.

Well, adw has now been removed from the rom as of 2.0.0. It will no longer be switchable via scriptybox.

And why don't you want the market entry? I can't see a real reason. I mean, having it in the /system partition doesn't make it preform any better. Having it in the /data partition allows for it to be updated.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh, thought it might save memory (dumb now that I think of it) or perform better, etc...

I'm having a day I guess ... :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
There used to be a thought that having your launcher in /system led to better performance/less redraws, but honestly I've not ever really seen good evidence of that.

white_ash143

Reaction score
Regardless of location, if you have Titanium Pro there is an option to link updated market apps to system and keep phone cleaner....

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I can live with it, it did seem cleaner to me to just have it ported to system, however then I'd have to repeat every time I wanted to update.

Luckily, having gone from 1.1.5, I only had to replace widgets, restoring saved settings and DT config works fine.

I figured I'd missed out on any bug fixes in place from the version I had, didn't see how much Ander has done with it! Very nice, will definately be on my 2.0 and GB, once we have it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I can live with it, it did seem cleaner to me to just have it ported to system, however then I'd have to repeat every time I wanted to update.

Luckily, having gone from 1.1.5, I only had to replace widgets, restoring saved settings and DT config works fine.

I figured I'd missed out on any bug fixes in place from the version I had, didn't see how much Ander has done with it! Very nice, will definately be on my 2.0 and GB, once we have it.

And if you want something else to try, anderweb just released ADW EX :)

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

And if you want something else to try, anderweb just released ADW EX :)

Will have to look ... :)

Update - Way too much stuff for what I need, likely worth it, but it's like having apower seat in the car, once you set it the way you like it .... hehehe.

Last edited: