ADW fixed my redraw problem.

Reaction score
You can add more than 4 icons, there is a second dock accessed by upswiping the screen or by holding the center button. This allows for many more to be added as it side scrolls.

When you first upswipe your dock disappears = very confusing. In fact it's an empty dock and you can drag icons/apps into it.

rickt1152

Reaction score
I had been using LP for about a month with constant redraws. I tried all the fixes, removed many widgets, different ROMS. I even deleted several apps that were persistent in memory. These things helped a little, but I would typically have several redraws each day. I've been using ADW for a week now and haven't had any redraws in that time. I'm using the small Beautiful Widgets home and have a total of ten widgets on five screens. The only thing I really miss from LP is the customizable dock choices. I can't figure out how to add more than two apps to the dock in ADW. LP seems a little smoother to me, but overall, the lack of redraws makes ADW the clear favorite for me.

You can add up to 4 icons on the Dock. The settings on ADW are set up kind of weird.

In the UI settings, check LAB and RAB. Also Check Secondary ActionButtons. Uncheck Desktop Dots.

Perfect - Thanks much. Now I have no reason to look back. My four icons on the dock and I am loving the no redraws.

trothmaster

Reaction score
ADW is the only launcher that I can set to NOT rotate the screen when the keyboard is out. With that setting I get no redraw issues. As soon as I set it to rotate the screen I get redraw issues.

brochaos

Reaction score
i set ADW to portrait, but i allow the apps to rotate. no redraw issues here either.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ADW is the only launcher that I can set to NOT rotate the screen when the keyboard is out. With that setting I get no redraw issues. As soon as I set it to rotate the screen I get redraw issues.

Do you have the persistance option enabled..?

Sent from my Droid

trothmaster

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Yes I do, sorry should have mentioned that. But even with that enabled I get redraw with landscape. I can replicate the issue every time if I am in portrait mode then open a txt message and open keyboard. When I return home if I allow landscape mode I get redraw issue. If I use adw and don't allow landscape then no redraw issue!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Yes I do, sorry should have mentioned that. But even with that enabled I get redraw with landscape. I can replicate the issue every time if I am in portrait mode then open a txt message and open keyboard. When I return home if I allow landscape mode I get redraw issue. If I use adw and don't allow landscape then no redraw issue!

Yeah, the persistence option removes the ability to switch orientation, even with the slide out of a keyboard. I miss read your post earlier and thought it was an issue. I really like this feature too :)

trothmaster

Reaction score
Ohh I didn't realize that is what persistence mode meant! Makes total sense....I thought it had to do with keeping in memory....

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ohh I didn't realize that is what persistence mode meant! Makes total sense....I thought it had to do with keeping in memory....

It is more about different ways to lessing the impact on memory and keeping it in memory as much as possible. The orientation thing was added to help as it was a big cause of redraws.